Status
Not open for further replies.

Archeus

A little bit of everything...
Reaction score
First Language
swedish
Primarily Uses
I'm not an expert at RPG Maker VX Ace just saying... 

So here's the thing: I want to make a tree that can disappear after chopped down. But the tree graphic has got TWO tiles.

So is there any way (or script) to link them together so that I can use a self-switch that affects both of them and makes both disappear?

I have already tried the trick where you double-click the bottom tree tile (the stump) and select the *Name of the tree tile on top's event* and click "Set Move Route" and go to "Change Graphic" and click "None".And it works! Both of the tree tiles disappears!

BUT... When I copy the two tree events (bottom & top) and paste them somewhere else (I want many trees that can do the same thing) it doesn't work anymore... I CAN  rename the top tree tile's event name but that takes too long time to do on every single tree!

Help is much appreciated!!  :D

Tommy Gun

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
You can definitely do this with switches or variables, but save yourself a ton of trouble -- just make the tree graphic one single character graphic. Event sprites can be any size. That's what I'm doing, and it's so much easier.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you want to make that with a lot of trees, your best option is to turn the tile graphic into a sprite graphic and use single events instead of double events for this.

Export the tileset with the tree, then open the sheet with an image program.

Copy the tree (full size) into a new image file of 96x256 pixels, copy the tree inside that new image to place it twelve times into the 3x4 sprite grid, save the new file as "$fulltree" (don't forget the $ in the name).

Reapeat that for a "$choppedtree"

Import both sprites into the resource manager and use them in two-page tree events

Tommy Gun

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
If you aren't animating the tree, you can put all the states in a single "$tree" file. Just make sure "direction fix" is on, etc.

Archeus

A little bit of everything...
Reaction score
First Language
swedish
Primarily Uses
Ah, yes! I think I get it! Thank you guys! I wonder why I haven't thought about it before...

Zoltor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yea all you need to do is make sure both have blank/stump pages, that require the same switch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Update on my experiment with uploading my Android games to the Amazon app store: made about $45 in 2 months, but 0 sales for the past 3 weeks. Not sure its worth the effort.
Kid : "MOOOMM! My poop is bloody red!" Me, an intellectual : "There's worm parasite inside your body. You gonna die soon."
Caught a guy trying to break into our house today. Appearantly he intended to burgle our neighbor (a 94yo widow) but picked the wrong house. Faced with two angry males he was quick to give up without a fight...
I just joined the club of nerds making their own Excel-Sheets to calculate HP / MP / EXP.. parameter curves
Me: "Finally finished most of my game backlog. Probably time to do some gamedev" | Steam: *offer sales*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apollogeist