Ebanyle

what
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I first met Linus around 2009, 2011, can't remember right. Honestly I only would download it to steal the resources because I was a brat and couldn't understand a thing of english lmao. But since then I would always appreciate how stunning the game was. Everything was perfectly composed, I couldn't even play at all, but by looking around the editor (that demo was open) I felt enchanted with how all was made.

Luckily, I could find it again nowadays. Unfortunately it's not the same version and this leaves me curious about what was the other about — it started with Leigh's father (Teign? T something, I honestly don't remember haha) and the history with his wife. I can even picture the one scene, in the very beginning, where he was talking to some kind of army official and you could see rain falling over the window (this stills makes me wonder how that worked). But anyway.

I decided to play this version and oh my god, it's no different from the first I've ever played. Even though I couldn't understand a thing when playing the first but well, this one is probably better, isn't?
The parallaxes have only improved; I mean, really. The caves close to that sea were STUNNING. I can't express in words how wonderful the visuals, history and it's pacing is. I felt indeed happy to have the chance to play this game again; so it's really nice how after almost a decade it's still active! In reality I started searching the name "Linus" certain that it was a game already finished from long ago. And then... I had a sweet surprise!

I hope you can improve even more, although I can't imagine how can this game be even better.

blueperiod

At night above our sleeping heads
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Aw, thanks! Funny thing, actually. My own command of the English language was shaky during that old demo, so there were quite a few grammatical/spelling errors. I've gotten a bit more comfortable with English since then, which has caused the game to balloon into something a lot bigger and ambitious.

In any case, I'm glad you remembered the game and looked it up again! :)

Last edited:

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Looking forward to the next release, I really liked the demo.

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here I am again with my bi-yearly post wondering what the status of this game is :)

Sanrie

Potato Head
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bisaya
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh wow, awesome parallax mapping

Catchyname

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Man, I remember when I first heard about this way back. Loved the demo and still looking forward to its release!

deficiencyproductionz

Deficiency Productionz
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dude, it's so awesome to see you're still working on this. I played the demo probably two years ago, and everything was amazingly written. The mapping was stunning, and the gameplay was outstanding. Can't wait to see what the new stuff is! :)

blueperiod

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello.

After six years I will be releasing a new demo of Linus: The Forgotten Days on 3/3/21.

(Please be excited.)

New Title Screen:
Linus title.png

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@blueperiod I definitely am excited! And a demo release only a couple days away from my birthday :)

Tw0Face

Master Strategist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The game doesn't start for me, because RGSS202E.dll is not found.

blueperiod

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
^ I think you can just copy + paste it from any other game and it'll work.

Here's a new system I'm including in the next demo. Owing to my own experiences navigating mental health, I've chosen to include the physical and emotional facets of a character as status ailments/buffs in the game. You obtain these through different dialogue choices, quest rewards, or sometimes, your character will just wake up feeling a certain way with no explanation. A lot of these are also tied to storyline progression.
moods.png

Copywright

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Wow, I remember this game from the old RPG Maker forums, and it's just as beautiful as i remember. I'll definitely pick up the new demo when it's available

blueperiod

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello!

I am excited to announce that Linus will now have custom portraits for its large cast of characters drawn by the supremely talented DahliaWilder! We've only just begun working together but their work has captivated and impressed me to no end. Here's a small sample of what they're bringing to the game.

Eugene_Hildebrand_aportrait.png

Eugéne has never looked so amazing!

That's about it for now. I plan on updating this thread more frequently as we approach the next release.

Cheers!

Ebanyle

what
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh, that's awesome! It gives a new fresh feeling to the game without withdrawing from the classy FE (is it FE?) faces :D

blueperiod

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh, that's awesome! It gives a new fresh feeling to the game without withdrawing from the classy FE (is it FE?) faces :D

Ha ha we actually took a lot of inspiration from the FE placeholder portraits for these new ones. :p

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good art! Makes the game even more promising ;)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I cant not for the life of me figure out where this bomb item comes from.
Ami
this is Remade of my MZ Character,after acquire the free RPG Maker MZ
This One Plugin Adds Subfolder Support for Every Other Plugin | RPG Maker News #80

It's been so long... lol
Theydies and gentlethems, presenting Touch the Stars character #1: Anna Smith and her transformed form, Sagittaria!1624568259771.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaanpaladin