Neutron21

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ive been looking into RPG Makers and I really hope they stop ignoring Linux because its a underrated and much bigger and stronger community than what it is given credit for. If a a FOSS program such as the Godot game engine can offer support on other platforms, Linux, Mac, Windows, Android, iOS and HTML then I don't see why RPGM cant do so.

1. Stand alone support for Linux
2. Export for Linux OS including Linux ARM

Ive tried the export on the previous RPG Maker MV and It did not work so far on my Linux Mint 20.1 distro. As for Linux ARM support, SBC manufacturers such as the Raspberry Pi foundation has made them mainstream. Ranging from Ubuntu and other distros supporting it, to even a spotlight on the anime Doctor Stone. Linux gaming is no myth and its also prime real estate for games.

I dont know if actual staff who are involved with RPG Maker decisions are here and observe these forums but hear me out on this one.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
each version of the program needs to be playtested before it can be released, and that takes time.
Linux was never a primary release for the RMs, in case of MV (the first maker that got a Linux version) the Linux version became available about a year or two after initial release of MV.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Does anyone know of NPC sprites for RMMZ? I know of Flirion's RMMV recolours, but RMMZ's sprites are slimmer and more detailed, so I'm a bit on the edge to use Flirion's im RMMZ...
I can't believe that after all those years, KH Union X Dark Road is closing the services.

Due to a situation in which I thought plugin adaptations had stopped for the QPlugins, I "ghetto" converted these 7 over yesterday. They appear to work perfectly as long as you use old style plugin commands. I am uncertain if I will have a lot of free time in the future to work on this, but if you'd like them, here they are.
Was there a thread that you could share a screenshot of your game? I feel like I found it once but can't locate it again.

I was being lazy and just copied a map to test a new parallax, but I forgot to delete all the events. This was the result. :o

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FeatherStone