tale

Volunteer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I compiled a list of MV Plugins of RMW from github page.

https://rmmvjs.com/

Format:
Thread link | Author | Thread Posted | Category

Category: Battle | Controls | Event | Menu/ System | Text Message | Tweaks/ Fix | Misc.

If you're a plugin creator and noticed that your plugin isn't in the list,
it's mostly due to having a file attachment in thread as an only download.
Maybe please consider an alternate mirror for plugin download:
perhaps Pastebin or Github? maybe link your thread to mvplugins

End of 2019 update: Finally got a domain name and data table upgrade with a search function.

I'll try to update the table on a monthly basis when I have time.

Last edited:

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you interest you can maybe look `cheerio.js`, you can leech `scrabble` site web with regex, and extract all forum tread and subTread.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Jonforum I will discuss it with the other mods, but my initial reaction is that it's not a good idea to do that. The plugin writer may not wish to have their plugin hosted another way and that is their choice.

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hum, thats weird mentality lol,, google and other search engine already host link for all plugins.
it's not clean but there is everything ! i will never understand people, you publish on a public website!. :dizzy:
Code:
site:https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com "js-plugin-releases-rmmv"

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Perhaps I misunderstood what you are suggesting, but it seemed to me you were saying use software to go through the forums and pull plugins that were posted here, not linked here from somewhere else and then host them somewhere else instead. If so, as I said, my initial reaction is that some plugin writers might not want that and that it shouldn't be done without their permission. However, I have brought it up in the staff boards to get other moderators' opinion on it. And if my assumption is wrong about what you meant, please feel free to explain.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMV
its just linking back to the forums anyway, but either way, theres a whole site dedicated for this already.. might be down right now, but it exists (and is being worked on to get back online) :)

tale

Volunteer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@?????? Thank you for the notice!
-
List was started before July 4th even through the short storms.
And done manually by browsing and copy/paste texts.

With database is being worked on to get back online-
I can take a break from updating the table.
I haven't get enough sleep in the last few days. :kaoslp:

If for some reason this list needs to be taken down, I'll comply.
I'm glad how this list turned out, regardless of my time on it.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Honestly I think your list is great. It's a good tool for people. There might be other lists, but the more the better I think.

TheBeard

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think it is a great list also, it's easy to find what you need unlike a lot of other lists.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@tale I don't see any reason to take down the list, it's a great addition to the forums. I'm just not sure jonforum's idea is the best, but once again, waiting on the others to chime in.

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@mlogan
The API that I show upper is actually just for avoid taking ~3,4 days for copy past all the forum link by hand like @tale do.
It a same mechanic like http://jdownloader.org/, when you copy adresse, this java software will scan all the adresses,subAdresse with filters and leech all things to provide you a database and list of image,files leeched.

I don't know if is the best api to do this, but it should allow you to code a automate to automatically leech all forum thread contents and updates to create a dataBase.
You can host the sortable database links on your forum.

It's a lot less complicated than keeping a handmade list !

bazrat

Pixel Game Maker MV
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Cool list! Thanks for taking the time to do this

RyanBram

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Really appreciate for what are you doing now.

Some suggestion if possible:
1. Add short description about what the plugin does
2. Open collaboration to update your list in form of pull request, so you don't have to update it alone

tale

Volunteer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I wasn't trying to copy MV Plugins which is a database website.
I thought a list of working and accessible MV Plugins of RMW was a good idea.
I'm not comfortable including plugin that can only be access through forum account,
that got me questioning that someone outside of RPG Maker Web may have other intents.

Incident of plagiarized plugins, known/ starting out plugin creators-
File attachments are least expected when there aren't any mirror downloads.
Who would go that far to sign up at the forums just to download plugins?
Mostly creators had in mind to use assets for their project, other possibility possible?

Anyway, I don't recommend anyone to go through what I did unless they know well what they're doing.
One out of all plugin threads contains a link (url shortener used) that directs to malicious website.
I managed to exit out quickly when a warning pop up on Opera web browser. Risk are very minor though.
List of links does not include any threads with broken download links.
_____

@mlogan I have no idea about pulling info through a software. (is that ethical?)

@Jonforum I'm not familiar with scraping data. I don't think all the info/ image/ files is necessary and I'm not building a database. I appreciate you're trying to be helpful.

@RyanBram
1. I can add a short description for plugin as a Tooltip text when a mouse hovers over a thread link.
2. With the current flow of plugin releases- it's manageable for me as long the list is about RMW.

Last edited:

Kest

The Ecstasy of Gold
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This seems like it would benefit from crowdsourcing - if viewers could link or tag plugins.

The old site suffered from outdated information and lots of broken links.

Kest

The Ecstasy of Gold
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Speaking of the old site, looks like its back up.

tale

Volunteer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Update: I added tooltip as a short description when mouse hover on a thread link.
This list contains over 1000 plugins if anyone's wondering.
-----
Master Plugin List is back up, it's more of a database. While it does keep track of plugins that are registered in the site.
How does it handle when plugin is no longer supported by plugin creator or download link goes down?
I don't think broken links would be an issue if the plugin creator were upload plugin files themselves onto the website.
Alternatively, an external link where the plugin is up-to-date without having to reupload. It could be a great backup.
I'm glad that the Master Plugin List returns.

Kest

The Ecstasy of Gold
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
It really needs some way to remove the dead stuff.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Very nice list, thank you for this.

atoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@tale This is great and very helpful for me, as well as many others, thanks for the list!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Quon is watching you
Quon blessed your good efforts
I have tried, several times to understand how Markiplier is popular. You can't deny his popularity. I can only get through a few minutes of his vids, though. He's cringier than ANY cringe comp I've ever watched. When I was a kid, if you acted like that, 0 friends and 100% no dates for you. Times have changed XD
Sometimes you may feel helpless and defeated. But everyone loses from time to time. It's okay to be tired. Take a breather. Have a good cry if you need to. You gotta take breaks from your workout, or you'll collapse before you can get stronger.
So, my roommates wrote a news article in English, translated it into Bengali with google translate and now I'm helping them fix the monstrosity which was the result. Making English the medium of education is fine... but not to an extent that we forget how to write properly in our own language :")
Stream will be live shortly with some more Minecraft spriting! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stunner345