List of Unencrypted Games

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Have there been any MV games yet that have been unencrypted? I learn best when taking stuff apart and putting it back together. 

This game has been created for exactly that reason. A lot of helpful stuff in there.

Carduus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, I see the various folders in there, but I can't find the RPGMV file. Am I missing it, or do I need to get a javascript reader to read the JSONs themselves?

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
@gRaViJa That's not really what's meant, in this case, by unencrypted game. In this case, it's a game that has all of the original files included so that a user can open it in RM and poke around and see how things work. What you have linked is a completed, deployed MV game.

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
No it's not. It's unencrypted. You have to go in the www folder first. Possibly add a game.rpgproject file in there to open it. In the comments here is more info:

Carduus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have there been any other unencrypted RMMV games since then?

tale

Volunteer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

BishoujoHelper

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@tale I'm sorry, but one of those is useless for learning anything.

"The Secret Pass" may be an unencrypted game but has literally nothing to look at except for 1 trivial event; it's just a demo that Hime has encrypted some game data but not prevented you from opening the project. It's no help unless you like being taunted or want to meta-game the puzzle. (see https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/small-mv-game-the-secret-password-mv-data-encryption.61088/ )

"Omega Arena" doesn't have any .rpgproject file to open, but if you do place one from a tiny demo in the www folder you can. However, as an RPG it's just a long grind of escalating battles with a lot of Yanfly plugins to pretty it up. There's even region plugins turned on when there's no regions defined in them, and none defined on the one map.

I'd really like to see some MV games to learn from, but these weren't them.

XPKobold

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I am surprised that Knight Blade Howling of Kerberos is not on here since that's a sample game for rpg maker xp.

Bonkers

Bioware, do you need a nap?
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
SilverTown VX/ACE has always been un-encrypted. Link in my sig and also available on rmn.

Serg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Ukrainian
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am surprised that Knight Blade Howling of Kerberos is not on here since that's a sample game for rpg maker xp.
had the same thoughts.

MaGicBush

Game Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awesome idea! Are there no unencrypted games for MV though? I don't own any other rpg makers. Sorry if it's been asked didn't have time yet to read the whole thread.

*edit* so nvm I just noticed this thread is very old lol. The op is probably long gone by now. But I'd like to find some good MV games to learn from. Based on replies the MV games listed so far are no good for that.

Last edited:

Carduus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As far as I know, no 'tutorial' MV games have been made that are unlocked and feature stuff like eventing, unfortunately.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@MaGicBush : I don't know of any either. Though, if you don't mind, can you PM me a list of the kind of events you'd like to see in an MV game? I'm curious what others are looking for in that, but since it is off topic it's probably best if done via PM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I really need to stop thinking there are new freebies just because someone made a new post in the freebies subforum lol.
AND just like that..... I got STEAM DLC up and working! YES!
Game making is like a marathon, except the last 1/4 is more like sprint... a very long and intense sprint.
Finally got to finish the demo for my project!
Another week has gone by. Maybe you made changes to your project/s. Maybe you didn't. Nonetheless, THAT IS NO EXCUSE TO NOT BACK THEM UP O_O!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AZAIKING