Xyonel

Indie Developer, All-in-one artist.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hello, someone could direct me trough the creation of a list with row and column where I can move freely with mouse and keyboard?
I do not want the plugin, nor the complete script code, I want to learn.

just suggest right approach :)

this serve as a card album with card icons and #number of cards, at selection this show the card details.

this is the base card list approach( part of the original script made by raizen, triple triad)

// Function : initialize_cardList_windows - initiates the card list Window
scene_album_TT.prototype.initialize_cardList_windows = function () {
this._cardListWindow = new Window_TripleTriad_CardList(0, 0, 800, Graphics.height);
for (var n = 0; n < this.card_list.length; n++)
this._cardListWindow.setHandler(JSON.parse(this.card_list[n])['Name'], this.addCard.bind(this));
this.addWindow(this._cardListWindow);
if (!this.use_window)
this._cardListWindow.opacity = 255;

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The code you've quoted simply adds the window to the scene and attaches command handlers. The actual cursor handling, selection processing, etc is all performed by the window, which is a custom object you'll have to code yourself. From the way you've phrased it, I think you'll have to do some learning (perhaps a lot) before attempting this. :kaoswt:

(I think Poryg has made a tutorial video on creating custom windows, but I don't know whether it'll suit your current skill level: link.)

For a row/column selection window, I'd try starting with an object that inherits from Window_Selectable. You'll need to set the column and row count appropriately, then write your own drawItem method override to display the relevant information for each selectable index (e.g. a picture of the card). Good luck! :kaojoy:

Xyonel

Indie Developer, All-in-one artist.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks this is a step forward.
My scripting skill are low, i'm just learning.

Wavelength

Pre-Merge Boot
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Closed at OP's request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

There's a new born faction in my country called "Sunda Empire" claiming they have right to rule over the earth and sun... I don't know what to feel...
Quon is watching you
Quon blessed your good efforts
I have tried, several times to understand how Markiplier is popular. You can't deny his popularity. I can only get through a few minutes of his vids, though. He's cringier than ANY cringe comp I've ever watched. When I was a kid, if you acted like that, 0 friends and 100% no dates for you. Times have changed XD
Sometimes you may feel helpless and defeated. But everyone loses from time to time. It's okay to be tired. Take a breather. Have a good cry if you need to. You gotta take breaks from your workout, or you'll collapse before you can get stronger.
So, my roommates wrote a news article in English, translated it into Bengali with google translate and now I'm helping them fix the monstrosity which was the result. Making English the medium of education is fine... but not to an extent that we forget how to write properly in our own language :")

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xCanopus