Lists

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by Pyrathas, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Pyrathas

Pyrathas Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is there a resource that has a decent list of Armors, Items, weapons, and monsters, spells, class, ect with stats to help me expand my database beyond what is provided in the database.json (yes I did replace it with the one from essentials kit or whatever but lacking some things and want to add more but not sure on the best way for stats.

2. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

I've moved this thread to Resource Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

I'm not sure this is the perfect spot for this thread, but it definitely didn't belong in MV Resources (as that's for sharing your own resources with people).

Pyrathas likes this.
  3. Pyrathas

Pyrathas Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks sorry and will try to be more careful

4. Poryg

Poryg Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    SumRndmDde has a list somewhere if I remember correctly.

5. Pyrathas

Pyrathas Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I DMed him no response. Really need like a good spreadsheet or something

6. Poryg

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Don't dm him, search. He's made a video.

7. Pyrathas

Pyrathas Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ah ok. Yeah I'm looking for a spreadsheet document file type thing. I saw a few of his videos but not sure monster "SHBYDXSRHBE" Is a common type for example.

I'm looking for a list of common monsters items and the like:

Slime:
    Blue slime and stats
    Green slime and stats
    Red slime and stats.
    Goblin types.
    Raider types

Common items and stats

Common spells and stats

Basically a decent list with variety to study from.

8. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Pyrathas which of the "base lists" are you using?
    The default base has been limited to four entries each because that is what a lot of people demanded, because they always deleted the full entries to make their own in previous makers.
    But there is an additional database set in the program folder that contains a larger number of entries for those who prefer to use them.

If you haven't done so I suggest you make a new project and then copy the contents of the folder NewData_FantasyEN into that new project. Do not copy into your existing projects because that will overwrite the database, but you can open the new project to compare the lists after that.

9. Pyrathas

Pyrathas Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes I have done what you reccomended before this post, but it still feels lacking I'm looking for a bigger list. I was kinda hoping there was like an Excell spreadsheet, pdf, or something I could study to generate common and unique lists in my game as I'm more Familiar with WRPG types as opposed to JRPG types.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  10. Poryg

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    There's no really extensive list as far as RPG maker goes, because among other things the defaults are by no means balanced. RPG maker 2003 has a list of 115 different enemies, but there's no enemy tiers like your slime cases.

11. Pyrathas

Pyrathas Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This would be fine. That's what I'm looking for a list of different enemies items ect commonly used in JRPGs in this case rpg maker MV.

12. Shinma

Shinma Lurker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've done a couple of quick searches to find something in one compact list for you, but I was unable to find what you are wanting. (A list of generic monsters, stats, etc. that are freeware)

Something like this is difficult because of various reasons like balance from game to game (they could be too easy or hard for your game), copyrighted material, etc.

What I would suggest is searching some JRPG's that you like and seeing what monsters exist. Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Wizardry, even table top games like Pathfinder and D&D are great examples, just be careful of what is copyrighted. Use those monsters to give you ideas about what you want to include, or inspire you to create something unique. Some thing for items, skills, etc.

13. Pyrathas

Pyrathas Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Yeah I did the same with Google. Nothing figured I'd start asking around here...

Shinma likes this.
  14. Levolpehh

Levolpehh Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Link

an extremely quick search for "Dragon Quest Items Spreadsheet" lead me right to this. Like Shinma recommended, do this for a few other popular JRPG titles or ones that you like and draw inspiration from them. Get ideas from them, and do it yourself. There's TONS of resoruces like that out there for games, just do some googling and figure it out. For example...

Link

While that doesn't really have any items, it helped me with some balancing and gave me ideas for stuff. If you can't come up with a list of items and armors or whatever on your own, you're gonna have a hell of a time making your OWN game lol.

Pyrathas likes this.
  15. Pyrathas

Pyrathas Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Lol true, I'm just needing insight and inspiration to get this area of the game going. This works on the item Department thanks!!!!!!