Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
My first ever RPG Maker Game!
GameTitle [W.I.P.].png
Here is the title. It's not great but it's a start.

SYNOPSIS
If one being wants an adventure, they got one. traverse this whole new world
to beat a whole lots of enemies to get stronger and stronger.
and get Z-Crystals to use those amazing Z-Moves!

Litten's Adventure is a turn-based RPG game,
that has little bit of story, and it focuses a bit more on grinding EXP.

There are 3 Types of Physical Attacks and 8 Types of Magic Attacks
Physical:
Slash, Bash, and Pierce.
Magic:
Fire, Water, Electric, Wind, Water, Rock, Fairy, and Dark.

SCREENSHOTS
This is the Title Screen (W.I.P. BTW)
Title Screen.png

This is the Menu Screen
(Difficulty will be enabled after the intro)
Menu Screen.png

This is how i make Overworld Maps
(It's not great. Let me know about how to make better maps.)
Map Scene.png

This is the Battle System
(I think im proud of this.)
Battle Scene.png

This is the Interactions
(Note: This is the ONLY Interaction in the demo.)
Interactions.png

PARTY MEMBERS [DEMO ONLY]
101(U)-Pokemon725.png
Name: Litten
Class: Fire User
Role: Leader
Basic Weapon: Cat Claws
Main Weapons: Swords
WK: Ice, Water, Rock
STR: Fire
NUL: None
DR: None

104(U)-Pokemon722.png

Name: Rowlet
Class: Wind User
Role: Member
Basic Weapon: Owl Claws
Main Weapons: Bows
WK: Electric
STR: Wind

105(U)-Pokemon728.png
Name: Popplio
Class: Water User
Role: Member
Basic Weapon: Her Flippers
Main Weapons: Spears
WK: Electric
STR: Fire, Ice, Water

SOME MADE UP LORE
  • (This might NOT make any sense, but i'll try.)
    After Ash has left Alola (and by that i mean after the last Sun and Moon Episode (english dub btw)),
    (My) Litten (Plush) has been feeling a bit... sad, lately. (or that how i feel his feelings)
    And i thought to my self: Maybe i should make a game about him... And so i did!

DOWNLOAD LINK
DEMO DOWNLOAD LINK [v1.1]
(Just move your save file to the new version, its not that hard!)

Version 1.1
- You need to install the TTF file to avoid the error
- Added the missing animations

Last edited:

ChampX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I get this error in the first battle with the ghost and stopped playing after that (see attached).

Anyway I think fan games are fun way to jump into the world of game development. Unfortunately I couldn't play too far, but my one piece of advice would be to try to have either smaller maps or to add more objects into the empty space. The beach at the beginning feels very wide and empty, especially with that camera pan. You can probably get away with half the beach size vertically, or just add other objects like sea shells, rocks, maybe even an abandoned beach towel or umbrella? As for the forest maps, perhaps some more shrubbery and flora objects.

If the battle crash gets fixed, I may play some more just to see where this goes. My first game way back when was a fan game as well (although not Pokemon) so I have a soft spot for these things.

Attachments

ChampX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The font installation worked. You should include that in your first post.

Got to the battle against Scorbunny, once he used "Lunge" this error came up (see attached).

Attachments

MarioWidjaya123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@ChampX
Whoops! i forgot to export the extra animations into the game:aswt:
(Okay! I updated the game! You need to download the new version though...)

Last edited:

ChampX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ok I finished the demo. So my comment about the maps still stands, but your cliffs are also very square looking. Nature isn't very geometric so try adding more variation to them. It's easier to show visually so here is a random example I found on Google (obviously not my image).

If you practice and get better at making maps, that will help your game tenfold. One way to improve is to just look at what other games do and use them for reference. It will take time to get good at it.

I would also suggest handing the player at least one revive (or some item to help cure death/knockout) at the very least before the final boss bottle on the mountain. You could give one before Scorbunny but I don't think that's as important as one before our totem mountain boss.

I also re-read your first post, I noticed that both Rowlet and Popplio are weak to solely electric. If the entire game is going to be just these three, you will want more diversity in what each Pokemon covers. If you wish to stick true to Pokemon typing match ups, perhaps swap have Rowlet weak to ice instead? Grass would normally resist electric anyway and his grass/flying type from cannon games would make him doubly weak to ice. Litten and Popplio being fire and water respectively would also both resist ice so this would be a nice balance. I see that you have Litten here weak to ice to follow more Final Fantasy element logic, but I think Litten resisting ice would be better overall and make sense to Pokemon fans who play your game. Just a suggestion and obviously this doesn't matter at this point in the game the demo is playable at.

Most importantly, just keep going and have fun with the process. While my suggestions will help you improve, don't stress over making your first game perfect either.

MarioWidjaya123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@ChampX
okay, so.
1) i'll try to visualize to make maps as good as i can.

2) i have like 3 revives hidden somewhere in a secret chest, you just have to find it tho.

3) i try to make their element affinities as similar as Persona 3/4/5,
and i believe there is no Grass element in any of the persona games not even 1 & 2.
and i try to combining the pokemon type affinities and the persona element affinities,
so i get some unique results.

with that being said i just hope that im finish making my first game.

ChampX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I must have not found that chest even though I found a ton of them. Oh well.

I never played a ton of persona so I guess didn't make that connection as much, that said I still think a bit more diversity among the three characters would help, unless you plan to add more party members later instead. That was just what I was really getting at.

Yup, your number 1 goal over anything should be to just finish, learn some lessons, then move onto the next project armed with more experience. Then just repeat. My advice as well as anyone else's comes secondary to that.

MarioWidjaya123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@ChampX
about the hidden chest, the hint is the flowers surrounding on that one tile.
find and step on the one other surrounded tile so the hidden chest appears.
(its on the mountain area)
and don't worry. there are more party members coming in the full game :awink:

kyonides

Reforged is laughable
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I dunno, making a fire based character use ice attacks doesn't sound logical. From a nature perspective in that fictitious world, his own temperature and attitude should make it pretty much impossible. Plus fire and ice attacks combined or launched at the same time would be devastating for Litten for they'd explode in his face... :s
Going from heating stuff to absorbing heat, which he shouldn't be able to ever learn, makes it a bad game design choice in my opinion. Litten is no wizard.
Just my two cents, don't take it personally. I can't just watch Litten become the ice monster.

MarioWidjaya123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Plus fire and ice attacks combined or launched at the same time would be devastating for Litten for they'd explode in his face... :s
Like Ann from Persona 5 Royal can use Bufu with the Frost Ring equipped.
How does THAT work???
i dunno, ask Atlus, they made Persona 5 Royal.

kyonides

Reforged is laughable
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Well, I was basing my claim in some physics and the Dragon Quest anime. :D
I dunno, I can't find an advantage in using a skillset he is strong against...

MarioWidjaya123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
the battle system in my game is gonna be similar to Persona 5 Royal.
the story i make is not gonna be great but i could be at least be good.
but that battle system... HOT DANG! that mechanic is amazing! (unless its broken in an OP way)

kyonides

Reforged is laughable
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Well, how would you just his sudden appetite for... ice cubes? :D There's gotta be a reason for such a strange change I heart so to say.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Shade the Mystic wrote on YouFulca's profile.
I just wanted to drop you a line to tell you that you are flipping amazing. I've listened to a few RM composers over the years, and while they all had their strengths, yours is the only work I'd dare call memorable. I honestly don't think I've heard such amazing RM scores outside of Yasunori Mitsuda, no joke. Keep up the amazing work!
Seamless secret passages just by painting a path with a region id. Simple but slick.
Playing with colour ramps. The first set is the originals, the ones only facing forward in different colour schemes are the new colours.

I present... MAGIC (in progress)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smashbroly