Little incompability with YAN Battle Core and MOG ATB

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by LackeDragon, Feb 22, 2018.

1. LackeDragon

LackeDragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello!
    I have a really little problem but which kinda drive me crazy.

My battle system works pretty fine but I wanted an ATB.
    I tested multiple one, but what I was looking for was a semi active one.
    Only two do that : VE and MOG
    VE being incompatible with Yanfly Battle Core, it was out of the question.

MOG ATB is working totally fine except for ONE little thing :
    The character animations for being hurt and fleeing aren't played correctly when YAN Battle Core is active.
    For being hurt : it's kinda random. Sometimes it plays, sometimes it doesn't.
    For fleeing, well: it just doesn't play. The characters just flee with their "waiting" animation.

So my question is, what parameter could make the animations incompatible between those scripts? And if possible, how to fix it?
    I searched and find nothing; even in the script themselves.

Thanks!

PS : I need Yanfly for the action sequence. I could use VE Battle Motions which would certainly solve the problem but no camera control included :c

2. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Since both are battle systems, there will be things that make them not work well due to both of them overwriting the same functions. You'll need to get a patch made to get them to both work together, and since it is a battle system and pretty complex to do it might require you to hire someone to do that.

3. LackeDragon

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    MOG ATB is a battle system as well?
    I thought it was only the ATB part.
    I didn't thought it would change a lot of things about the battle except rythm.

I mean.. If I find another semi-active ATB system, it's fine to me.
    Ellye ATB for example was working perfectly fine with what I have.
    But unfortunately it's not a semi active one.

I will not hire someone for that as I planned to do my own scripts later on. I just want something working to test my ideas before doing that.
    Which is why I talk about a "little" problem too :p
    It's technically working, just annoying because I'm a perfectionnist on details haha.

4. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Anything that changes the battle engine and how it works is a battle system. ATB is a battle system, as it is a total rewrite of how battles work. Same with CTB, STB, or any of those other options you have.

In fact, it was due to how much of a rewrite of the core code required to make them is why Yanfly dropped support for them a long time ago. Thats why you can still find a Yanfly ATB, but it has no support and is likely to not work with newer versions of MV as a result.

5. LackeDragon

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ah I see. It's kinda weird that those plugins are separated plugins then.
    I mean, as I said I only use Yanfly Battle engine for the action sequences, so yeah, a little annoying to get "blocked" here by that.

And as I said too, I would gladly change for VE Battler motion which doesn't need a Battle system to work. But then, I need a Battle camera plugin... Which is to be pretty rare. Lot of camera for maps, but not in battles. That's a dilemna, haha.

Thanks for the answers, I will have to made my mind on what I want and use to put my ideas in practice then, haha.

PS : Tho' if you know a Battle camera plugin I would have missed, I would gladly accept it, haha.