Xand

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
VNM
Hey hey everyone who enjoy creating games with VNMaker engine!
I'm looking for a solution:

Is there is some kind of macro to make character bust live2d to disappear while it has no line of texts to show and while other characters talking?And appear back when it is time to talk again?
Thank you!

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is not how we manage things on this forum.

Here we work for better searchability by saying each question needs to be in its own topic, preferably with the topic title being the question.

I suggest you make two topics for your two questions, that way you'll make it easier on everyone.

Xand

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
VNM
This is not how we manage things on this forum.

Here we work for better searchability by saying each question needs to be in its own topic, preferably with the topic title being the question.

I suggest you make two topics for your two questions, that way you'll make it easier on everyone.
Alright thanks.

Last edited:

Kentou

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
Hi Xand,

VN Maker doesn't support that directly as a built-in feature. But it is possible to set up an automatic behavior like that by yourself using a common event.

https://i.imgur.com/XXprKnn.png

So basically that script you can see that in the Script command:

Code:
GameManager.variableStore.tempStrings[0] = lcs(SceneManager.scene.currentCharacter.name)
It will take the name of the current speaking character and puts it into the local text variable L[0001: Name]. After that, a condition follow and checks if the name in L[0001: Name] is "Ace". If so, the Live2D model for Ace will join the scene (well he has none actually). Otherwise, if the speaking character is different, he will exit the scene.

That common event runs in parallel in the background. So whenever you use Show Message with Ace as the character, the character will automatically fade in and automatically fade out if you show a message with another character.

Of course, instead of Ace, you can use any character you like. Let me know if that helps you out.

Xand

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
VNM
Thank you!
Aaand It does not work. Somehow live2D image doesn't show up at all. I tried to delete all "Live2D join" and it does not work.
I added one "Live2D join" at the start of the scene but this didn't lead anywhere.
Also, I notice that when Live2D model join scene the screen blink for a moment so I use move live2D instead to get rid of blinking screen.
Something like that. Moving live2D model also has no effect.

Anyway, it was helpful and now I have a better understanding of common event system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My sister is a saint. Specifically Saint Peter. Because shes my best friend until other ppl are around then shes all "nope, dont know him, dont like him."
Making it a rule that I don't do any world building for my new game before the actual gameplay is concrete and working. I have 16 years of lore to work with anyway.
Cheesy power metal makes everything better. No matter what you do, you'll feel heroic doing it.
Starting to really like the first of my madness areas. I think the eyes looking at them really helps to sell the place. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpgteck