cradth

:)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
N/A
Can you do stuff like making tilesets, sprites and other graphics? I think you can at least modify and editing them right?
I mean i like your mapping even on the version 4 game, the 2d style one. It is with high artistic skill in my opinion.
P/s: yeah get the demo version out, i'm ready to play it. I didn't play the 4th one because it was made in Vx Ace, low resolution and small screen, i don't like it.

PVGames creates dozen ground decals, I make custom tilesets from these assets. Almost 80% graphics in Avelions 5 is made by editing, largely a matter of personal likes and preference. I purchased some cool stuff from PVGames and I really love it so far. :) The same goes to sprites and the other graphics. Thanks for liking the game maps! These praises almost gave me wings to fly and that's more dangerous than those hentai naming scheme! lol

Last edited:

phamtruong1992

Green Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
PVGames creates dozen ground decals, I make custom tilesets from these assets. Almost 80% graphics in Avelions 5 is made by editing, largely a matter of personal likes and preference. I purchased some cool stuff from PVGames and I really love it so far. :) The same goes to sprites and the other graphics. Thanks for liking the game maps! These praises almost gave me wings to fly and that's more dangerous than those hentai naming scheme! lol
Just checked their stuff a few minutes ago. Look like assets from their older 2.5D games which, i assume, can't be re-used on newer engine or anywhere so they decided to sell them as 2D assets. These resources still look good nonetheless, especially if you know how to modify them as you are currently doing. Did it take long to do that at all? I tried to make some high resolution (900x500) sprites with a lot of details, and they took time, like, a lot, lol. It cost me about, if i remember correctly, 1 hour and a half just for 3 frames, and that was just a standing pose with a few movement here and there, then i got bored and left them unfinished for months. And honestly i totally forgot about its existance til now lol, i think i will show it to you when draw a few more frames. Gosh, doing sprites is really hard work, that's why not many people do it nowaday.
By the way, keep flying dude, i want you to fly. Just watch out for the birds.

cradth

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just checked their stuff a few minutes ago. Look like assets from their older 2.5D games which, i assume, can't be re-used on newer engine or anywhere so they decided to sell them as 2D assets. These resources still look good nonetheless, especially if you know how to modify them as you are currently doing. Did it take long to do that at all? I tried to make some high resolution (900x500) sprites with a lot of details, and they took time, like, a lot, lol. It cost me about, if i remember correctly, 1 hour and a half just for 3 frames, and that was just a standing pose with a few movement here and there, then i got bored and left them unfinished for months. And honestly i totally forgot about its existance til now lol, i think i will show it to you when draw a few more frames. Gosh, doing sprites is really hard work, that's why not many people do it nowaday.
By the way, keep flying dude, i want you to fly. Just watch out for the birds.

Yeah, the bird is the boredom itself, sometimes it's getting a bit tedious to do things like this, even if it's a hobby. Trying my best not to fall and left the projects. XD I couldn't agree with you more. Starting a new one is pretty easy, it's the most fun period. But finishing is a whole different level, it's a long ordeal with very little joy involved. In Avelions 5, setting too much goals is what I fear the most (It's a bad thing, but I don't know why, I keep repeating this.lol). Thank you so much for supporting my games. If you have any correction or suggestion, I would love to hear more from you. Let's improve our skills together and trade stuff someday. :) It's nice to hear that you make sprites too, that's awesome, dude! Please let me know, once you finish it! *PS, I'll endure criticism too, don't hesitate to drop some if you have any.

Last edited:

phamtruong1992

Green Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, the bird is the boredom itself, sometimes it's getting a bit tedious to do things like this, even if it's a hobby. Trying my best not to fall and left the projects. XD I couldn't agree with you more. Starting a new one is pretty easy, it's the most fun period. But finishing is a whole different level, it's a long ordeal with very little joy involved. In Avelions 5, setting too much goals is what I fear the most (It's a bad thing, but I don't know why, I keep repeating this.lol). Thank you so much for supporting my games. If you have any correction or suggestion, I would love to hear more from you. Let's improve our skills together and trade stuff someday. :) It's nice to hear that you make sprites too, that's awesome, dude! Please let me know, once you finish it! *PS, I'll endure criticism too, don't hesitate to drop some if you have any.
No sweat dude. Believe me, i'm a honest person. I will tell the way things are exactly how i think about it. Right now i haven't played any of your games yet so i can't provide more helpful opinion but like i said, i'm more than ready to play your first Avelion 5 demo. Btw, i suggest keeping our chitchat on private message to avoid dilute your thread lol. We can talk as wild as we can there.

cradth

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
N/A
No sweat dude. Believe me, i'm a honest person. I will tell the way things are exactly how i think about it. Right now i haven't played any of your games yet so i can't provide more helpful opinion but like i said, i'm more than ready to play your first Avelion 5 demo. Btw, i suggest keeping our chitchat on private message to avoid dilute your thread lol. We can talk as wild as we can there.

Yep. Just like I said, except the fanmade ones, my games need a lot of improvements in storytelling, it lacks nuances and such. I'll do my best to improve that in Avelions 5, (that's why the game progress is pretty slow). Sure, why not. Let's talk there.

*Sorry for late reply, been busy lately, increased workload and built new pc at the same time, XD

Last edited:

cradth

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello, sorry for being lazy lately. Here's a major update before the game demo is released.
Let's take a look!

Gameplay Update~

I added a new mini game called Triple Duels - Card Battle.
The battles are based on strategy+card skills combo, so prepare to put your best deck
to this 3 on 3 duels. Approx. 10-12 cards will be available in the game demo.

+++

Map Update~

I fixed the shadows below the trees and put more plants on map. Also, I added new HUD
that shows Stamina, Action Points (AP) bar , Magic Power (MP) and Menu Shortcut.

cradth

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
N/A
Avelions 5 - God Realms Demo v1.00 is out

Features

+ 1~2 hours gameplay
+ Battle System test until you fight the first Boss
+ Game Menu 70% done
+ 3~6 Major locations are available
+ Avelions 1 ~ 4 Reminiscenes
+ Virtual Trainer test

etc

Here's the direct link (Google Drive 500MB+) :

it's a technical demo so it's a bit short, like under 2 hours long.

Last edited:

cradth

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello!

Previously this game was called Avelions 5, it would have been a Linear Motion Battle System-RPG using Mog's LMBS, I tried to breed the Tales-like battle system with Persona-like game features, which the gameplay footage released several months ago. But it's easier said than done. So, I have decided to rework this game into another title with more plausible game features.

Now it's called LIVENEL - Discordance. ( It's not final, I just come up with that name. XD )
Things that will change in this game :

+ BATTLE SYSTEM
Mog's Linear Motion Battle System >>> ATB-Sideview Battle System
+ STORY
It's a sequel to Avelions series >>> a standalone game with new story
+ THEME
Magic Academy >>> Mercenary Guild
+ GAMEPLAY
Daily activities + Missions >>> Free Roam + Missions
+ CHARACTERS
5 Characters >>> 12 Unique Characters (Changing the battle system, make this possible)
+ CALENDAR SYSTEM
Special Events will be held on specific date >>> No more. XD
+ NAMES & LORES
Weird names >>> Readable ones.

and many others.
I'll release the future updates soon. Stay tuned! :)

Last edited:

phamtruong1992

Green Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!

Previously this game was called Avelions 5, it would have been a Linear Motion Battle System-RPG using Mog's LMBS, I tried to breed the Tales-like battle system with Persona-like game features, which the gameplay footage released several months ago. But it's easier said than done. So, I have decided to rework this game into another title with more plausible game features.

Now it's called LIVENEL - Discordance. ( It's not final, I just come up with that name. XD )
Things that will change in this game :

+ BATTLE SYSTEM
Mog's Linear Motion Battle System >>> ATB-Sideview Battle System
+ STORY
It's a sequel to Avelions series >>> a standalone game with new story
+ THEME
Magic Academy >>> Mercenary Guild
+ GAMEPLAY
Daily activities + Missions >>> Free Roam + Missions
+ CHARACTERS
5 Characters >>> 12 Unique Characters (Changing the battle system, make this possible)
+ CALENDER SYSTEM
Special Events will be held on specific date >>> No more. XD
+ NAMES & LORES
Weird names >>> Readable ones.

and many others.
I'll release the future updates soon. Stay tuned! :)

So it's almost a completely standalone game now why don't you create a new thread for it? It'd be less confusing and might attract more people to the game. You can link both of the game's threads to each other so people would see more clearly how the game is changed and why. Btw, please send me your "Discordance" bro lol :LZScheeze:

cradth

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
N/A
So it's almost a completely standalone game now why don't you create a new thread for it? It'd be less confusing and might attract more people to the game. You can link both of the game's threads to each other so people would see more clearly how the game is changed and why. Btw, please send me your "Discordance" bro lol :LZScheeze:

Thanks for your advice, bro. But I can't do that. I'll windup doing twice the work. XD Except the battle system and the major part of the story, the rest would be like "it was called A, now it's called B"-thingy. I think much of the problem here has nothing to do with the game. It's my attitude. I often do stupid things and rarely talk to people.

I've just sent it to you. Check your PM. :)

phamtruong1992

Green Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah i meant you dont have to update the old thread, just link it to the new thread so people shall know why it's being remade and have a good look of the old version of
avelion 5.

cradth

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ah i meant you dont have to update the old thread, just link it to the new thread so people shall know why it's being remade and have a good look of the old version of
avelion 5.

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't catch what you said before. XD Idk, I still feel so ashamed of myself for making Avelions 5. If you played the technical demo, you'll see how absurd that game was. And honestly, It's a blatant rip-off of some other games. I don't want people seeing that.lol Just let the old version of the game rest in peace. :LZSangel:

phamtruong1992

Green Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't catch what you said before. XD Idk, I still feel so ashamed of myself for making Avelions 5. If you played the technical demo, you'll see how absurd that game was. And honestly, It's a blatant rip-off of some other games. I don't want people seeing that.lol Just let the old version of the game rest in peace. :LZSangel:
Lmao i laughed so hard as i was reading this :LZSlol:. Okay, okay, let it go, RIP :LZSteary:, lol.:LZSgrin: Btw, when can you be on discordance? I wanna share my WIP world map to you and have your opinion on it.

cradth

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
N/A
Lmao i laughed so hard as i was reading this :LZSlol:. Okay, okay, let it go, RIP :LZSteary:, lol.:LZSgrin: Btw, when can you be on discordance? I wanna share my WIP world map to you and have your opinion on it.

Btw. I've just come up with this title (Discordance), maybe I'll change that after the game lores finished. XD

cradth

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello! It's Livenel update! :)

I've made some changes. The major part of the story including the game lores
has been rearranged and in part rewritten. I also updated the game menu and HUDs,
made the blue color a bit darker, so that it could blend in nicely with the new theme / maps.

Here's some new screenies I snapped several days ago;

New Menu Screen

Indoor Map

Last edited:

Boonty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Agree with the one telling you to create a new thread.

I am very thrilled with all your changes!

phamtruong1992

Green Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dude, nice update there. Still going hard on the game's making?
I have some news to report that i did play Avelion 5 a few days ago (yes, the old version that i downloaded long ago) but unfortunately the video file was corrupted and there was only sounds left so i will just only post my experience with the game here.
- For the first cutescenes, it was short and you autoran swiftly the textscrolls so i missed a lot of information, so can't comment much on the story. But the those cuts were cool. Nice and flashy action. Keep going that way, i mean the way you set up those cuts, it's good! Graphics are decent too although they are not consistent. I mean parts looked high res but others were low res, stuff like that. Sound and music was good, even those were all defaut stuff, but the way you make use of them, it all worked out effeciently. I really loved it when the first cutscene ended and the credit scenes were about to show up, the music transition was so good.
- Now it's the cons. And cons are everything bout the gameplay, lol. It did seem like you don't spend much time on the gameplay yet. It's confusing and convoluted. You introduced a lot of things and small mechanics right off the start which made me feel overwhelming, and i turned to not care a bit about those mechanics. I didn't have a clear instruction either, and i can go literally anywhere in the world. I was so lost right after i got the control on the character.
- Combat is side scrolling action based which i'm kinda fond of. It had a nice feel to it and full of potentials but seemed a little bit lackluster and basic atm.
- So, like i said, maybe you didn't have much time to spend on the gameplay overall so i'm not complaining, just letting you know how it all went for me. And i hope this small feedback will somehow help you improve Livenel.

P/s: I just replayed the first part of the game again to hold a gasp on the story for the sake of this review, and there are nothing wrong with it. I think it's intriguing! So what were you crying about lol. Perhaps it got worse the later part of it? Btw, you don't use Discordance anymore?

cradth

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
N/A
Agree with the one telling you to create a new thread.

I am very thrilled with all your changes!

Hello, thanks for your kind advice. Yeah, at first, I thought the same thing.
But after I had re-read all the posts from the first page, I found that most of
the time I got feedbacks about the art or graphic in this game.

Only few that shared their opinion on the gameplay or the game theme
(It was "magic academy" trope). I've been thinking about this for a while and
just found an idea. maybe the best way to tell the community about these
changes is by putting the old game description on the first post.
How do you think?

Last edited:

cradth

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh dang, I've just replied a feedback a few seconds ago. And this amazing stuff comes out from nowhere.lol Thank you so much, dude! Please give me a little bit time, since it's a long post to read. XD

Dude, nice update there. Still going hard on the game's making?
I have some news to report that i did play Avelion 5 a few days ago (yes, the old version that i downloaded long ago) but unfortunately the video file was corrupted and there was only sounds left so i will just only post my experience with the game here.

Yep. I dunno why, maybe it's the mood swing. Or maybe, it was the morale boost from you,
but I think I start enjoying it again. :D Thank god, you didn't upload that video. I feel
embarassed by the game presentation, some parts of it are "too much".lol

- For the first cutescenes, it was short and you autoran swiftly the textscrolls so i missed a lot of information, so can't comment much on the story. But the those cuts were cool. Nice and flashy action. Keep going that way, i mean the way you set up those cuts, it's good! Graphics are decent too although they are not consistent. I mean parts looked high res but others were low res, stuff like that. Sound and music was good, even those were all defaut stuff, but the way you make use of them, it all worked out effeciently. I really loved it when the first cutscene ended and the credit scenes were about to show up, the music transition was so good.

Is that too fast? I keep that autorun textscrolls in the current version. Should I add 1 sec for each
message? Yes, graphics are not consistent in some parts of the game, because I'm using graphic
source & RTP from both RM MV and RM VX Ace at the same. I love the old RTP from VX Ace.
I tried my best to upscale these graphics, but I guess, the result is not good enough. XD
Thanks for the kind words! Yep I learned a lot on how to choose the music from you. :LZSwink:

- Now it's the cons. And cons are everything bout the gameplay, lol. It did seem like you don't spend much time on the gameplay yet. It's confusing and convoluted. You introduced a lot of things and small mechanics right off the start which made me feel overwhelming, and i turned to not care a bit about those mechanics. I didn't have a clear instruction either, and i can go literally anywhere in the world. I was so lost right after i got the control on the character.

Yes, I couldn't agree more with this one. Not only the game presentation, sometimes the texts too.
I have this bad habit called "Put everything into something". For example; too much information in a single message, too much stuff in a single game feature, too much explanation in a single tutorial, and the list goes on. You pointed out everything right there. :thumbsup-right::thumbsup-right::thumbsup-right:That's a headshot, dude.lol

- Combat is side scrolling action based which i'm kinda fond of. It had a nice feel to it and full of potentials but seemed a little bit lackluster and basic atm.
- So, like i said, maybe you didn't have much time to spend on the gameplay overall so i'm not complaining, just letting you know how it all went for me. And i hope this small feedback will somehow help you improve Livenel.

That was also my first impression about LMBS mechanic, I really like it, it looks nice and cool. But at certain point, I realized that this battle system will getting myself into a whole load of troubles. Especially if I want a deep battle mechanic. That's why I changed it back to the Sideview Battle System. I think I've just made a good decision.:LZScheeze:

P/s: I just replayed the first part of the game again to hold a gasp on the story for the sake of this review, and there are nothing wrong with it. I think it's intriguing! So what were you crying about lol. Perhaps it got worse the later part of it? Btw, you don't use Discordance anymore?

Yes, it got worse the later part of it. I messed up with the story and the game lores. XD
The dialogue are stretched in the case of a conversation. I guess I'll take your advice
into account, not only the gameplay, but the story and the dialogue too. I'll remaking
these stuff carefully this time, perhaps at a slower pace.

*I'm still using the "Discordance" in the title, is it a bad idea to use it?

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

And the beginning of a nearly complete grid system dawns.

I want to add a thin pixel border around the entire region. Like across all blue highlights that connect and red attack highlights that connect.
Ami
--- Remake ---

Hero: Hey,look! Some Artist will Remake us to 3D!
M.Knight: Really? Then i hope they make me so Cool & Handsome
Heroine: I hope they make me Cute & Sexy,too
(6 Months Later,The 3D Model Are Revealed With Unexpected Yet Horrible Model)
Hero: (Spit The Water)
M.Knight: What the Hell?!
Heroine: I'm Dissapointed...
my battle system is REALLY coming together. I can already see strategies between 2 of my party members forming lol. helps that battles are 2 at a time. but the combo of these two is really fun.
@taarna23's status just made me realise I haven't had any scam calls since that guy who hung up on me before he even began reading his script. How quiet it's been ... they were pretty much the only people who ever called!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunjilv