Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Lizard Boss

Genre: Minigame/Action-based
Engine: RMXP (does not require RTP)
Expected Playtime: 15-30min.
Version: 2.2

Premise:
To simply put: defeat the Lizard Boss. However, you won't be able to grab a sword and hit him in the face. Instead, you have to use indirect attacks. There are six crystals across the map: on activation of each one these crystals, the Boss will get hit once. Your objective is to activate every functional crystal on the map to finally beat him.​

Mechanics:

The game has a four stage mechanic for the Boss, with him displaying a different color in each stage. Once he is beaten in every stage, you win*. In each stage, the Boss will have a certain amount of resistance to hits. For example, in the yellow stage, you need to activate every one of the six crystals on the map to defeat him; while in the green stage, you only need to activate 3 crystals - but don't you go thinking it's gonna be easy.​

* Stages do not follow a pattern. After defeating the Boss in a stage, the next color is always random.

Null Crystal: this crystal is only in the map to mix up and annoy. Activating it won't damage the Boss.

You are the unfortunate fellow who is fighting against Lizard Boss and his subordinates. Get ready for a confusing and complicated battle. Will you manage to complete the game and all of its achievements?​

Player
Damage: 0 (needs to activate crystals on the map)
Speed: 4.2 (except when under any positive or negative effect)
Total HP: 800

Yellow Stage:

The first stage of Boss. The yellow lizard is the fastest of all and, if the player is too far away from him, he can teleport to the nearest of the 4 holes spread across the map. However, this is the only stage in which the Boss has no extra enemies to help him. In this stage, he deals 200 damage to the Player's HP, meaning 4 hits needed to kill him.

Yellow Lizard
Damage: 200
Speed: 5

Green Stage:

In this stage, the Boss has the strongest extra enemies in the game, almost equivalent to the special enemies in the blue stage (but zombies do not need special conditions such as rain to appear). During this mode, the map is changed to a more "green" version, with the dry trees spread across the area blooming and covering the player's view. In addition, the special mechanics of this stage is a toxic cloud that covers the environment, damaging the Player by 8 per second. In this stage, the Boss deals 150 damage to the Player's HP, meaning 6 hits needed to kill him.

Green Lizard
Damage: 150
Speed: 3

Zombie Spawn
Damage: 100
Amount: 11

Blue Stage:

In this stage, the Boss becomes faster if it's raining, while the Player gets slightly slower. If the rain is a storm, he also creates more additional enemies, stronger than ordinary ones. In this stage, the Boss deals 250 damage to the Player's HP, meaning up to 4 hits needed to kill him.

Blue Lizard
Damage: 250
Speed: 4

Water Spawn
Damage: 50
Amount: 9

Tempest Spawn (during thunderstorms)
Damage: 100
Amount: 7

Red Stage:

This is the most difficult stage. In it, the Boss deals 400 damage to the Player's HP, meaning 2 hits needed to kill him. He also creates a ghostly clone of itself, which passes through everything and chases the player. This clone also does 400 damage. Nevertheless, the special mechanic in this mode is the Artillery, in which explosions are caused randomly by the map, creating small fire focuses that burn the player for 300 damage if he touches them. On the other hand, he has the weakest and slowest extra foes, easily ignored.

Red Lizard
Damage: 400

Snake Spawn
Damage: 50
Speed: 2
Amount: 9

Red Clone
Damage: 400

Tip: the game has a secret in one of the boss' stages. Try and find it.:awink:

Screenshots
Yellow Stage:

Green Stage:

Blue Stage:

Blue Stage (during thunderstorm):

Red Stage:

Achievements Room:

Music Room:

Video showing the game:

Systems
Achievements System
This game has achievements you can complete for fun, some easier and some harder. The question is: can you complete them all?
Music Menu
Just like you can unlock achievements when completing the game, you can also unlock new music. Each time you complete the game you unlock a new song, up to a total of 5 times. You can play them while you play the game if you select them in this menu - or mute them, if you wish.
Auxiliary Items
There are also some items which you can use to make your objective easier, including a special item which you have 25% chance to get every time you complete a stage, the leaping boots. However, using items will disable some achievements.
Terrain Check
I'm not sure if this has been fixed in any other RMs, but in XP there are some bugs related to the "touch player" conditions. These options are considered even when the event/player is in a tile which has blocked directions. For example, if an enemy is supposedly above a mountain or high terrain, it can still touch the player. By using some conditions and a script, I managed to fix this problem.
Change Tileset
A self-explanatory script. It was what I used to program the map change in the green stage.
Smooth Scrolling
This script makes the camera movement smooth and nice.

Download:
MEGA
4Shared

Disclaimer: Does not require RTP. File size is 50 MB.

Credits and Special Thanks
I decided to let the project as open source so that anyone can check how it was made. Whilst there are comments explaing most events, unfortunately I did not have the time to translate them from my language to english.​
If you know portuguese and wish to translate them yourself, just send me a link and I'll gladly add your file to this page. For brazilian portuguese (original) version, refer to this or this link.​

Production: Seki
Local Variables: Keven
Event Range Conditions: ForeverZer0
Smooth Scrolling: Toby Zerner
Persistence of Variables and Switches: br_lemes
Simple Menu: cristianoforce
Ending Credits Script: Chaos Project
ANTI-LAG and Game Speed: Apocalypse
Tests and ideas: Douglas Edson.
Hotkeys idea: Vixen.
ⓒ 2016 Nuclear Blast / Fleshgod Apocalypse: authors of the songs used.

Last edited:

Barthdry

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Java
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I will translate it into english and may publish it but i will give credit to you also

Sheklon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I will translate it into english and may publish it but i will give credit to you also
Thank you for volunteering!
Just to clear this up: the game is fully playable in English already, what is lacking translation is the comments inside the editor explaining the way Lizard Boss was built.
I will send you a PM with more info.

Barthdry

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Java
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry i thought wrong
I was thinking to translate it and i don't know it is already translated

Sheklon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
No problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

does there exist a word for a state of being that is between "living" and (not "dead", but ...) "not living" .... does that make sense, or do I just sound like Im high for something :[ ?
Hope you are all fine today~
Moderators, you must have so much patience to be able to deal with everything. I mod in a server of sorts and today we just got a message, which, despite it's helpful constructive criticism, basically stated that all of the mods were jerks and that was the only reason our server was unlikeable. So, thank you, for having patience. You are appreciated! :kaoluv:
Haired slime? Trying some different styles of art. Maybe I can make some resources with this new kind of painting.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brassykibbles