Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you that worked great once I discovered where not to place commas and spaces!

I can see how expecting the average user to create JSON syntax without issues is going to limit this plugins adoption rate. Either way, it will make my life easier!

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just out of curiosity... Would it be difficult to add the ability to call <textnote xxx> inside a text note?

Sorta like this:

Code:
 {    "complexNote": "<textnote rare> more stuff...",    "rare": "<itemColor:24>", }

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Not at all ^^. I've updated the plugin to recursively replace notetags. Just make sure to not have cyclic references like this:

Code:
{    "key1" : "<textnote key2>",     "key2" : "<textnote key1>"}
This would cause the plugin to endlessly replace those notes with each other until the game crashes.

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Fantastic! Thanks again. Iavra. Consider this solved.

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Glad i could help. I'll officially release this plugin for other people that might need it, once i have the time.

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
A small note to anyone using this regularly... Once your files get big and you have a hard time keeping track of what you changed. You may suddenly be unable to start your game due to a JSON syntax error.

Use a JSON validation site like this.

It will save you some serious frustration. :)

Titanor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey i would like to add dlc to my game so i was wandering if it was possible to use multiple json files with this plugin, plus i was also considering adding support for player generated content or mods so i was also wandering about using this plugin for that as well

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

@Sir_Titas , please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

This thread is years old! Please make your own thread with all the details you can if you need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

so... I decided since a park was an area in my game... here's an enemy that's slide with a hand behind it. cause why not.
Hot chocolate and music make studying and note-taking much easier :kaoluv:
Until my hand cramps up from writing too much!
Doing RPG Maker News for 21st September 2021

Malak is still waiting for Dark Deception Chapter 4... This was him yesterday after another sugar crash.
Again, he's fine. He's just bored at this point, considering he's exhausted his entire vacation bucket list.
Am I the only one who files custom resources under specific folders to remember who to credit? :kaoswt2:
1632263519730.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeraphofFlame