Loading preferences...

Discussion in 'Visual Novel Maker Support' started by mardin, Mar 15, 2019.

1. mardin

mardin "...pretty please?" Veteran

First Language:
    German
    I would like to know if there is anything I can do to change the way that Visual Novel Maker loads the assets.

It looks like VNM loads everything right from the start, but when you have a lot of pictures and animations and sounds, it can get quite long and might be too much for older laptops/desktops (yes, we are talking about a hell lot of pictures here!).

I was wondering if I could do something to make VNM load the required pictures only whenever they are needed for a scene?

Thanks for helping me out!

2. Kentou

Kentou Admin Veteran

Hi mardin,

actually, it is like you said, VN Maker only preloads the assets needed for the current scene. But it is important that you use the Change Scene command and not Call Scene. Because Call Scene will not change the scene but will just execute the new scene's commands in the current scene's context.

3. Bors

Bors UI/UX Designer Veteran

First Language:
    Bulgarian
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    I have no idea how to implement something like that, but a load progress indicator or even just an icon that pops first before the other assets would help assure the user that the game has not crashed/frozen.

4. mardin

mardin "...pretty please?" Veteran

First Language:
    German
    That is awesome. So with the Change Scene command replacing the Call Scene I can have an infinite amount of scenes and pictures, because they will all only be loaded when needed? Best news of the day!