Loading Save game with Updated Actor Data

limsoonchiong

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi experts, saw a thread that says you cannot load a save game with updated Actor data. The thread is a bit old. Just wanted to confirm that this is the same for MZ or perhaps there is a way to do it in MZ?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's a way to do anything if you have the coding proficiency, but MZ is just like the older engines - changes to the database will not be reflected when you load a save game.

(there are some exceptions, you can see changes to maps if you leave and reload them, but it's really not worth trying to track what can be reloaded and what can't...if you change your project, start a new playtest)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
partial data loading requires a special loading function where the programmer selects what comes from where for each single data object. and that would have to be combined with a selection on when that special loading function replaces the default loading, because if you always update the actor from the database that also means that the actor never gains any growing from the game itself.

So while theoretically possible, for practical reasons you can forget this. There is a reason why even AAA companies tell the player that after some updates they have to start new games, despite being able to put a lot more programmers to work on such things.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So, yeah. It's there.

Clarn Hold
(No storylines)
There was a tutorial on how to draw anime eyes. Just draw Among Us. So I tried.
Screenshot_107.jpg
DamageActor3_7.png added!
index.php

Making a "characters first appearance" drawing for my game. Now I just have to finish the sprite art animation for her grand entrance.​

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guymelul