Silenity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So I've disabled the save function from the menu by #ing out the line in the script database.

However, I'm trying to find out how to force saving/loading without the menu popping up.

It's a single save file game. There's no menu saving but save points instead. Since there's no use in choosing which save file to save over or choosing which file to load. I want to have it do it without the menu.

Any help?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to RGSS3 Script Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Silenity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've moved this thread to RGSS3 Script Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.
I was hoping to do it without a separate add-on script.

Is it possible to do by editing the base engine scripts?

Soul

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you don't mind allowing them to save it via selecting a slot, then you can just use a script call at check points that will bring it up. You could also bring up the option to access the save menu via an event - though disabled from the menu, the event option will allow you to bring up the save screen when you want it to. The option for this should be on the third tab of the event commands. This is the easier way, without a script.

Silenity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you don't mind allowing them to save it via selecting a slot, then you can just use a script call at check points that will bring it up. You could also bring up the option to access the save menu via an event - though disabled from the menu, the event option will allow you to bring up the save screen when you want it to. The option for this should be on the third tab of the event commands. This is the easier way, without a script.
This is what I have been doing.

However, I just wanted to see if there was a way to save/load the game without going through the menu.

So, if I reached the save point. I would just activate it/walk on it and it would save the file instantly.

Same with loading. There's only one slot so it would just automatically continue where you left off.

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
Use this script call to save your progress:
DataManager.save_game(4)
Change numbers to slot you want to use.
I believe it starts from 0, so 0 is the 1st slot; 1 is the 2nd slot etc.

To load (properly) your game use these two script calls:
DataManager.load_game(4)
SceneManager.goto(Scene_Map)

Put both simply in events.
This will save and load instantly without any menus.

And yeah, you were right, you don't need a script for that.

To make everything more properly:

SAVE: (event > script call)

Sound.play_save # if you want to play save soundDataManager.save_game(0)LOAD: (event > script call)

if DataManager.load_game(0) # check if there is save file 1 present  DataManager.load_game(0) # load save file 1  Sound.play_load # If you want load sound  $game_system.on_after_load  SceneManager.goto(Scene_Map)else # play sound and close window  Sound.play_buzzer # ERROR soundendto disable load scene in menu in order to load instantly: (OPTIONAL)

LOAD FROM MENU: (in script editor)

class Scene_Title < Scene_Base   def command_continue    if DataManager.load_game(0) # check if there is save file 1 present    DataManager.load_game(0) # load save file 1    Sound.play_load # If you want load sound    fadeout_all    $game_system.on_after_load    SceneManager.goto(Scene_Map)    else # play sound and refresh the title scene if no save available    Sound.play_buzzer # ERROR sound    SceneManager.goto(Scene_Title) # Fadeout and fadein title screen                                   # to prevent game freezing.    end #if  end # defend # classChange '0' to slot you want.
Hmm.... I don't know what will happen if there will be no save to load. I think it'll crash. I'll test that and try to fix that. Yes it crashes. FIXED.

WtvmtpT.png

I added a condition, where the script call and script first checks if there is save file 1. If there will be not that file present, it will play error sound.
I don't know what to do in title scene, because the game freezes, when pressing "continue" command, when there's no save, so I added *refresh* to prevent that. I was searching for answer, but there was no use. It will fade out and fade in when there's no save present.

Test that and tell me if it works, because I could mess up something during copying and pasting here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

MythicRuss wrote on gothicvoid's profile.
hi, i was looking thru ur awesome stuff, and was looking around the internet, how in the heckin heck do i get the hiddendoors to open? im addng them to the doors event but they just appear as solid walls, btw am total noob lol
currently working on some template sprites and tweaking the walk cycle :)
Lunee.jpg
Early try to draw our Demon Countess, who destroyed her own soul leaving just an empty shell of a body - until our heroine unwillingly takes possession of it, every time she falls asleep.
(I know it’s a premade face from the Dark Fantasy Set, but I spent so much time with her, that I can’t bring myself to change the sprite anymore xD)
I finished setting up my new desk and apparently she thinks this is where she goes now.

20210411_082331.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garlock