LuLingqi1

A Spellthief With A Bone To Pick
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Does anyone know of a script that allows for a second player to be active on the map? I saw there were some for VXAce for local play. I would love to implement this into my game.

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
To my knowledge, no, but it's mostly due to the fact that such a script would involve a compete rewrite of a vast majority of all the default systems. This would be wildly incompatible with pretty much any plugin that changes much about the engine, not to mention really time consuming to make, bug-check, and maintain. As a result, you'd need any other plugin for your game to be either custom built, or altered to work with your co-op system, which in many cases is not a simple task. Not to mention that any updates to the base engine will also probably cause several issues with it, depending on what was changed, so you'd likely have to develop the plugin on whatever version is out when development is started, and then you'd have to stick with that version of the engine for the rest of the project.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Brioche with a crème patissiere filling is so tasty!
A group of Game creators and others who trying to revive the Feel of Multiplayer and TOWN/ROLEPLAY games
Wow, lots of RPG Maker MV stuff on sale on Steam for 50%-75% off. Steam, why you not tell me?!
looking for help on top secret project
The nick "Toeuia" that I'm using comes from a, idk, you okay the chess game while chit chatting them. The first two are students. Then you know, finally, the champion, and then the champion's sensei. I played like this so many times until suddenly there's another chess master. Very naive but super smart. After he lost, he kinda advised me not to give up on chest. Because the next one was never seen beaten. Touya.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
funland