Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I get this error but I am not sure why

Code:
js/plugins/DKTools.js:2416 Uncaught Error: Can not parse JSON data from file: locales\en\main.json. Description: Unexpected token . in JSON at position 533

at processFile (js/plugins/DKTools_Localization.js:2393)

at async Promise.all (index 0)

at async Function._loadData (js/plugins/DKTools_Localization.js:2408)

at async Function.loadData (js/plugins/DKTools_Localization.js:2455)

at async Function.initialize (js/plugins/DKTools_Localization.js:1848)

at async Function.DKTools.StartupManager.initializeModules (js/plugins/DKTools_Localization.js:2724)

at async Function.initialize (js/plugins/DKTools.js:7670)

at async Function.SceneManager.initialize (js/plugins/DKTools.js:16683)

I think it's somewhere from here but I don't see the problem

"evil_dragon_king_roams_the_kingdom_and_has_captured_the_beatiful_Queen": "Evil Dragon King roams\nthe kingdom and has captured\nthe beatiful Queen...", "just_then_the_legendary_heroine_appears": "Just then the legendary heroine appears!", "gaah": "Gaah!", "I_am_the_Evil_Dragon_King_Come_on_Legendary_Heroine_Hah_I_already_know_your_name": "I am the Evil Dragon King!\.\nCome on Legendary Heroine...\| \N[1]!\.\nHah!\. I already know your name!!",

DK

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I get this error but I am not sure why

Code:
js/plugins/DKTools.js:2416 Uncaught Error: Can not parse JSON data from file: locales\en\main.json. Description: Unexpected token . in JSON at position 533

at processFile (js/plugins/DKTools_Localization.js:2393)

at async Promise.all (index 0)

at async Function._loadData (js/plugins/DKTools_Localization.js:2408)

at async Function.loadData (js/plugins/DKTools_Localization.js:2455)

at async Function.initialize (js/plugins/DKTools_Localization.js:1848)

at async Function.DKTools.StartupManager.initializeModules (js/plugins/DKTools_Localization.js:2724)

at async Function.initialize (js/plugins/DKTools.js:7670)

at async Function.SceneManager.initialize (js/plugins/DKTools.js:16683)

I think it's somewhere from here but I don't see the problem

"evil_dragon_king_roams_the_kingdom_and_has_captured_the_beatiful_Queen": "Evil Dragon King roams\nthe kingdom and has captured\nthe beatiful Queen...", "just_then_the_legendary_heroine_appears": "Just then the legendary heroine appears!", "gaah": "Gaah!", "I_am_the_Evil_Dragon_King_Come_on_Legendary_Heroine_Hah_I_already_know_your_name": "I am the Evil Dragon King!\.\nCome on Legendary Heroine...\| \N[1]!\.\nHah!\. I already know your name!!",
To use special characters, you need to write them with a double slash. For example, \\| or \\.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello thank you, I've got things working but I noticed if I use Visustella Name Input, the Name Input screen has {} characters instead of displaying the localization.

Reactions: DK

DK

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello thank you, I've got things working but I noticed if I use Visustella Name Input, the Name Input screen has {} characters instead of displaying the localization.
Thank you. I will try to solve this problem!

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you. I will try to solve this problem!

Great, I am also receiving an error but I can't findit since the error log given tells me it's on a line that doesn't exist. Does the plugin recognize () and <> symbols?

• Wow

DK

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great, I am also receiving an error but I can't findit since the error log given tells me it's on a line that doesn't exist. Does the plugin recognize () and <> symbols?
Yes. Can you send a screenshot of the error?

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes. Can you send a screenshot of the error?

I'll do better, I'll give the whole error log.

js/plugins/DKTools.js:2416 Uncaught Error: Can not parse JSON data from file: locales\en\main.json. Description: Unexpected string in JSON at position 6176 at processFile (js/plugins/DKTools_Localization.js:2393) at async Promise.all (index 0) at async Function._loadData (js/plugins/DKTools_Localization.js:2408) at async Function.loadData (js/plugins/DKTools_Localization.js:2455) at async Function.initialize (js/plugins/DKTools_Localization.js:1848) at async Function.DKTools.StartupManager.initializeModules (js/plugins/DKTools_Localization.js:2724) at async Function.initialize (js/plugins/DKTools.js:7670) at async Function.SceneManager.initialize (js/plugins/DKTools.js:16683)

DK

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll do better, I'll give the whole error log.

js/plugins/DKTools.js:2416 Uncaught Error: Can not parse JSON data from file: locales\en\main.json. Description: Unexpected string in JSON at position 6176 at processFile (js/plugins/DKTools_Localization.js:2393) at async Promise.all (index 0) at async Function._loadData (js/plugins/DKTools_Localization.js:2408) at async Function.loadData (js/plugins/DKTools_Localization.js:2455) at async Function.initialize (js/plugins/DKTools_Localization.js:1848) at async Function.DKTools.StartupManager.initializeModules (js/plugins/DKTools_Localization.js:2724) at async Function.initialize (js/plugins/DKTools.js:7670) at async Function.SceneManager.initialize (js/plugins/DKTools.js:16683)
Unfortunately, it is not the line number, but the position of the cursor (character) that generates the error. Usually, advanced text editors like notepad++ can show these positions.
Make sure all translation strings have a comma at the end except the last one!

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unfortunately, it is not the line number, but the position of the cursor (character) that generates the error. Usually, advanced text editors like notepad++ can show these positions.
Make sure all translation strings have a comma at the end except the last one!

I Have notepad++, how do I find the error with it?

DK

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I Have notepad++, how do I find the error with it?
At the bottom of the window there is information: Ln, Col, Pos.
Double click on Pos and choose Symbol and input position.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
At the bottom of the window there is information: Ln, Col, Pos.
Double click on Pos and choose Symbol and input position.

Thank you from the tip! I was able to find the error, this will help in debugging the localization.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DK I wish to report a bug, if you export the game and update the NWJS with the option "First Lanch" you get stuck in a black screen on a startup.

EDIT: Found the reason, for some reason the flags weren't being distributed like they should have.

Last edited:

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DK I realized just now that Visustella Message's added item codes do not work properly with localizations.

"\\Item[10] was found" that I have has the name of the item/weapon/enemy/state appear as {Name} instead of the localized version.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DK I just found a really weird inconsistency with Visustella's Quest plugin. The localized name displays correctly in the list but when the quest is opened to see its information, then it doesn't display the information correctly.

inconsistent.jpg

DK

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DK I just found a really weird inconsistency with Visustella's Quest plugin. The localized name displays correctly in the list but when the quest is opened to see its information, then it doesn't display the information correctly.

View attachment 178234
Thank you, I have already fixed some of the errors in the next update. I will also try to fix this one.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Anoher bug, it seems that this plugin has problems with certain Kanji characters, noticed this when doing Japanese translation.

kanji.jpg

DK

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Version 1.1.7

• Added compatibility with VisuMZ_MessageCore.
  • Added Known issues and solutions section. There is one known issue so far:
  • Special message characters for changing font sizes \{ and \} do not work

Solution: use added special characters

\MFS - Decrease font (analogue \})

\MFB - Increase font (analogue \{)

• Fixed a bug with entering the name when the localization tags were visible.
  • Fixed issue with preloading from DKTools plugin. Again.
  • Help updated.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, still receiving the same error in the Japanese translation with the new update.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Apparently all of LGBT reddit hates me. I posted a simple question and only got hate mail. What's the deal? The doompost was literally 6 months ago and I've changed my views since then and apologized.
Amazing. Simply amazing...

JRPG Browser - Playlist:
Hello, comrades, do you have a pack of modern or student clothes? i need for my project: 3
Just a reminder. One expectation of being a new member is that you read the rules. You can find them here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.90/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Billbobobo