RMMZ Lockdown Horror (Thriller/Horror Adventure)

atorres

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Titulo.png
LOCKDOWN HORROR

SYNOPSIS
In Lockdown Horror you follow a man isolated in his apartment because of an epidemic of worldwide proportions. Maybe isolated for too long!

Thankfully, it only happens in fiction, isn't it? But very strange things start to happen to this guy, as he discovers that the building where he lives has something mysterious and scary thing happening for a long time. Something that may put his daughter in grave peril! It is up to you to put together the past of this man and set what will be his destiny.
This is a point-and-click adventure with a couple of action minigames later on.

My idea here is to tell a thrilling history that makes the player reflect on the expectations that he/she invests into the protagonist. You will not find many scary jumps as in other horror stories. It is even difficult to die in this game. But, hopefully, it will provide a weird, perhaps Lovecraftian sometimes, experience to the player.

This game is not for kids. It is not explicit but sometimes deals with strong themes such as suicide, homicide, occult cults, extremism, and cannibalism. The game is under development, so I may accept suggestions for its improvement. Have fun!

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS
Casa.jpg
LobbyCops.jpg

V0.8_2.png
Maze.jpg

MINI GAME SCREENSHOT (HEAVY SPOILER)
Rappel.jpg

STORY OUTLINE (MINOR SPOILERS)
The noise wake-ups a man. It's after midnight, and he finds out a rat in his living room. He is alone for some time, his wife has left him. His building is old, with a past of crime and horror. He can't sleep, the rats disturb his dreams. Eating, working, or reading doesn't help. The TV gives him nightmares. He discovers the rat's hole in his bathroom but the old floor cracks. He falls into Joe's apartment, his downstairs neighbor.
It couldn't be worse, he loathes Joe! The room where he fell is strange. He will eventually suspect that there is something very wrong happening in this apartment... or, perhaps, in the entire building.

DOWNLOAD LINK
The game is browser-friendly. You can play online or download. You can choose between English of Portuguese in the options menu. The credits are at the end of the game (Later I will add a menu option to see the credits).

Click to play the demo

atorres

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Lockdown Horror Trailer:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Some people have too strong of an opinion about what maker is the best, I've seen discussions like:
- I prefer VXAce because I like the style of the RTP better than the older releases
- You're worse than Hitler
My number one take away from this game jam is to make small games that are as polished and bug free as possible. Far less dev time, and if the game flops, it matters less because my time investment is much lower. Also, whatever ambitions I have... aim for about 10% of them. They are clearly too high, and will involve stuff that likely won't matter.
I'm finally back! :kaojoy:
A lot of RL issues happened this year which didn't let me work on Aithne as much, but I am back with new inspiration!
In that time my art style also changed a little, so I'll be doing a small art change with busts/menu art
Ops forgot to fix the hand on the weaponless sprite o_O
opening old GIMP files is a blessing and a curse because it can be fun to look at art you started once upon a time and want to finish BUT come to a total halt when you remember your past self forgot to create separate layers for most files

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yahwahoo