Status
Not open for further replies.

Valancourt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I want to make a series of 6 qualities of locks, and each requires a number of lock-picks to open:

Wretched: 1

Poor: 2

Average: 4

Good: 6

Superior: 8

Masterful: 10

how do i make the game keep track of how many lockpicks you have, aside from they being items in your inventory?

i want to set up the event like this: When you use the Action Button on the locked door, a text box says, "The door is locked with an average-quality lock. Use Lock-pick(s)?"

With a Show Choices command saying Yes or No. If you say Yes, the game will check to see if you have 4 lockpicks in your inventory, and if so, the Set Move Route for the door opening will then display. If not, a text box will say,

"You don't have enough lock-picks."

anyone know how to make this work?

thanks.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you want to use real items, then you need a control variable command to set a variable to the current number of items in inventury (part of the game data option inside the control variable command) and then make a conditinal branch on that variable for a number greater than the needed number.

If you don't want to use items, you can make that variable into the number of available lockpicks and check it in the same way.

Depending on that conditional branch (enough lockpicks or not) you can then either give a failure message or reduce the number of items/the variable and give a success message.

Last edited by a moderator:

Valancourt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I can't seem to get it to work. here is the code i have for it:

I have Show Choices of Use lock-pick and then walk away, then:

When [use lock-pick]

> control variables: [003: Lock-pick] = [Lock-pick] in Inventory

> conditional branch: Variable [003: Lock-pick] == 8

>Play SE: Key, 80, 120

> Change Items: [Lock-pick], -8

> Label: B

> Play SE: Open3, 100, 60

> Set Move Route: This event (Wait)

(move route code)

> Control Self Switch: A= ON

> Jump to Label: C

Else

> You dont have enough lock-picks

>

Branch End

So in-game when i try to use the locked door, it only gives me the failure message even though i have 27 lock-picks

Valancourt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
actually i just solved it!! i should ahve set the variable to "greater than or equal to," haha

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes, a conditional branch on == only works if the number is identical, not higher or lower...

Valancourt, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another thumb update. The nail is beginning to break away, along with the aforementioned hard and blackened dead skin. The final join has regained some of its flexibility, tho it's a bit stiff after being held still for so long. The very tip of my thumb has a strange dry and somewhat tingly feeling to it when I touch it to something, but at least it isn't numb. I am so ready for this to be over. :o
Can I get away with calling a "shortsword" a dagger and not a sword?
So here's the full cycles, I'm not so familiar with actually animating and giving motion so any observation on that matter would be really helpful! :kaoswt:
EfGHbLh.gif

Just now I realized I didn't scale it up so its smol...
I wanna make a YouTube video about reviewing a game, but I don't know what RPG Maker game I should play...
Guarii wrote on TSR's profile.
I want to create a OneShot style inventory. Without having the weapons and armor sections. Just the items. How can I do this?
images

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dracodfs