Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It has been a long time since I last posted anything in Site Feedback, the last time being when I asked to reintroduce the good old horizontal line (thanks a lot for granting my wish, by the way).

That said, am I the only one finding the position of the logo at the very top in landscape mode quite disturbing?

On my browser it looks like this (the screenshot is taken from the very top left corner of the page):
1633728830320.png

I think that adding a bit of padding to the top and to the left (both 25px) should be enough to make it look more balanced.

Of course, this is just my personal opinion, but I really think that something like this might look better:
1633729056849.png

After all, when navigating to the home page, we can clearly see that the logo has some padding there, it is much more balanced than that of the forum.

It is definitely something not absolutely necessary, but I think it might result in a better look and feel.

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
But it looks like this when using a wide screen(once the window reaches about 1524px wide...
Homepage.png

The image is located within a header, and padded to space apart menu items, that way the menu items are in row format and wont be displaced.

Last edited:

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Here is what actually happens when you zoom in/out. I guess you are using mobile browser?
logowide.gif

But yes, a little padding could/should help.

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@TheoAllen no, I am using a computer browser, and the logo appears like that in every browser I tried with: Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Opera.

After what you mentioned about scaling I did some testing and it seems that having a scaling of 150% could be the culprit. In which case, this thread can simply be counted as a report of this behaviour.
Since many laptops (mostly those with a screen smaller than 14 inches) and 2 in 1 computers (such as any Microsoft Surface) come with a default scaling of 150% in their windows settings, it might be still worth considering this.

This being the case, padding is not gonna help (not if applied to that particular element, at least), unless paired with a media query that checks the actual width (or any equivalent JS solution). As @NaosoX said, at some point the result is the correct one, adding unrestrained padding means breaking what already works.

Last edited:

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I never really noticed it until you brought it up, but I actually get it too. It's only when I go to 90% that it's at a normal padding.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

7DcJlIG.png

Made a lot of progress on the tileset for the more sumptuous interior areas for the priory
I keep thinking up of new changes or improvements... Edit: Forgot to add the image Gimpwork.JPG
Hello, my nickname is Rigomor, but I am also known as Mopsikus. I work on RPG Maker games, and are currently working on a game called Peony of War.
If the world treats you like an enemy... Then the world must be your enemy...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Varlen