Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Resource Type: Tiles

Maker Format: MV

Art Style: Cartoony

Description: Looking for tiles for "Surgercube Corner, Golden Oak Library, Sweet Apple Acers, Carousel Boutique, school, cutie mark crusader's clubhouse, City Hall and general house tiles

Reference Images: http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Ponyville

Also does anyone know where I can get cartoony grass, tree ect tiles?

Gabrelik

Almighty Maker of Sandwiches
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll make some of these for you. Priorities?

Kengo19

Equestrian Knights
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Library would be the main followed by Surgercube corner and the boutique. Thanks

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kengo19 Please keep in mind that Resource Requests is for small requests when asking for someone to make something new - for example 1-2 tiles, not a whole tileset. We've left this open as you seemed to be okay being referred to existing resources. However, if you are expecting someone to create all of this for you, you need to post in Project Recruitment.

It seems each of these areas would require a fair few tiles, much more than what this requests section is for. So, instead of just naming whole sections, you need to suggest very specific things Gabrelik can make for you.

@Gabrelik It would also help if you were very specific about the amount that you are willing to create.

Gabrelik

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Excellent points @mlogan , and I should have been more specific.

@Kengo19, I am more than happy to make some of the basic tiles for you to satisfy this request, such as grass, a few trees, perhaps a building or two, etc. As mlogan stated, however, the Request Board is typically for small requests of only one or two things.

Caveat: I have a habit of getting excited about the occasional project on here and tend to go overboard when it is something the community can use. If you are alright with me sharing with everyone else, I can start a thread for this style and add to it as I can. Perhaps others may follow suit. Entirely up to you, however. I am also content to just do a few of these, if you prefer.

Kengo19

Equestrian Knights
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't mind, share them wherever you want. As far as im concerned you still own them.

Gabrelik

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll put something up soon. Are these just intended to be inspired by the MLP style?

Kengo19

Equestrian Knights
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@molgan Sorry still new to the forums. First time posting in this section.

@Gabrelik, in MLP style please.
Also if you do start a thread in this style there is a whole Discord page that would love you for it lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kengo19 No worries, I just wanted to clarify. Also, I'm going to merge your last two posts together as we ask members not to double post (that is make one post right after their last post).

Gabrelik

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Few final questions: Do you want these in the top-down perspective native to RPG Maker MV, or are you wanting to match the perspective from your examples, which would be more like a platformer? Just want to make sure before I start sketching.

Also, and perhaps more importantly, I'm not sure the legal ramifications involved with making My Little Pony tiles with the intention of utilizing them commercially. If I were just mimicing the style, however, we might be alright.

For example, I could draw you a relative replica to the Golden Oak Library you are asking for, but I don't know that you could use that commercially, since it would very clearly be that precise thing. I could, however, draw you a tree house with very similar features, color palettes, etc. This would be an original piece inspired by the Library, and while not infringing upon any copyright directly, you might still need to be careful about how you utilize it? Even non-commercially?

Not sure. Perhaps @mlogan or another mod might have a better understanding of what is and is not allowed here?

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not an expert on the legalities of it. What I can tell you is that we allow posting of graphics for franchises and such, as long as they are custom-made and not rips. However, if the content owners of MLP - or whatever franchise - asked us to take them down, we would have to comply.

Really, the rest is up to OP. It's their choice to make a game based on an existing, copy-righted franchise and whether they want to run the risk of receiving a cease and desist letter or not. And up to you, whether you want to potentially deal with that either.

Kengo19

Equestrian Knights
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So my game is going to be free which falls under a parody which is fair use. I am using the ponies from the show in the game as well. As for the buildings lets do it top down like other MV buildings are.

Bigbaddevil7

Aka SteamPunkDevil
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So my game is going to be free which falls under a parody which is fair use. I am using the ponies from the show in the game as well. As for the buildings lets do it top down like other MV buildings are.

All though you most likey have nothing to worry about.
Just because its free doesn't mean they can't still decide to have it taken down. "Fair Use" has a bunch of its own rules of what you must do to comply, and depending on how much you use of the characters the less effective it is.

Parody only upholds when you are using Transformative work, so making the characters look different enough. Even with that, if a lot of their characters are found "Fair Use" becomes almost no existent.

A perfect example would be trying to use Disney Characters, they don't care if you use all of them or just 1. If they see it they will have it taken down. It comes down to the Company.

Like I said you most likely have nothing to worry about, but people way too often slap a "Fair Use" sticker on stuff and use as much as they want.

TLDR: The more of someone else work you use the less effective "Fair Use" is.
When it comes down you are redistributing someone else's copyrighted work.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
To be parody you have to be actively making fun of something while still doing your own thing with it. For example, Weird Al doing "Polka Face" is parody and fair use, another band doing a cover of "Poker Face" is not. Fan games do not fall under fair use and from what I've seen Hasbro isn't all that keen on letting people make them. If you get their attention, you will get a C&D.

Gabrelik

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A tileset inspired by the aesthetic might be the better way to go, then. Same visual style and colors, perhaps, but nothing that actually screams, "content". I'll post something up soon and see if it will work for what you need.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Working on a case. Get all the evidence to prosecute some bad guys. :kaojoy:
But, the game development schedule delayed. :kaoswt2:
The moral of the story: No good deed goes unpunished... I guess...
Now, hopefully, some certain people will not be stupid enough to leak my name on the reports.
just beat ff7 original for the first time since 2010. having played remake last year, I have a much better appreciation for the original oddly enough. I still like some of the character presentation in remake more, but the original's got a lot going for it.
Ever reach that moment in your life when your juggling a dozen or more projects that you know will never be made but don't have the heart to delete them? Ugh, I hate those moments...
:kaosigh: Why must you hurt me so?
my main character isn't the warrior of light or the chosen one, he's a self righteous, invasive try hard who gets ahead of himself and makes a critical error, resulting in a downward moral spiral that, eventually, leads him to truths that make him a better man, and im DAMN proud of that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ariondelion