LoM: Amulet of Lenisvan

Sylvor

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
So I had some free time and a workbench available. I have had this design in my head for quite some time, but since I'm not all that good with manual labour, the result is not completly what I wanted. However, this should give a decent idea of how I view it.

20150404_151459.jpg

20150404_151509.jpg

As for the symbol on the back, it's a mirrored version of the 'Jera' rune. As described by http://www.sunnyway.com/runes/meanings.html:

Jera: (J or Y: A year, a good harvest.) The results of earlier efforts are realized. A time of peace and happiness, fruitful season. It can break through stagnancy. Hopes and expectations of peace and prosperity. The promise of success earned. Life cycle, cyclical pattern of the universe. Everything changes, in its own time. Jera Merkstave (Jera cannot be reversed, but may lie in opposition): Sudden setback, reversals. A major change, repetition, bad timing, poverty, conflict.

But since it's a mirrored version, it's faulty, and thus has the capability of housing 'demonic'/'evil' creatures that can corrupt it's wielder.

Input is, just like always, most certainly welcome!

(P.S.: The images show up way smaller that they really are, any way to fix this?)

(P.P.S: Nevermind, they show up the right size when you click 'em :p )

Last edited by a moderator:

Sylvor

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
An unfinished story to go with the pictures of the amulet I posted earlier:

*Creation:

Many generations ago, there lived a man named Lenisvan. Where he once was the firstborn son of a Kravanian noble, he became a man who possessed nothing. When the Great Schism War raged, Kravan was completely and utterly destroyed by the Hrinasian war machine. Due to this, Lenisvan lost everything he once loved: money, fame, family, friends,... even a place to call home.

At first, he was angry and enraged at Hrina, for they had taken away everything he held dear. But as time passed, he forgave them, for "This is war, and wars cannot be won without sacrifice. My country Kravan is equally to blame."

Then he became filled with sadness. Sadness, for never again would he experience the gentle kiss of his beloved Rasnaya, the warm embrace of his mother Ersta, the reassuring nod of his father Naro or the mischievious smile of his son Remis. But, as time passed, so did the sadness, for "People come and go, as is dictated by life."

And finally, rationality regained hold of him. The things he once found insane or complicated he now found logical and normal. But the normal we describe here does not mean the common normal that people claim they know, it was the normal of understanding.

And understand, he did. 'To understand' became the main purpose of his life. Where others would just keep walking and take life for granted, Lenisvan would stop and ponder as to why it happened.

As the years went by, Lenisvan kept questioning everything he saw. Then he asked himself the question that would shake the foundations of society as people knew it: "Why be shackled by the chains of reality?"

It was the question that announced the discovery of magics. By keeping this question at the core of his thoughtprocess and repeatingly challenging the bounds of the laws of physics and reality, he discovered the dormant power in our landscapes.

As he progressed, he discovered the fundamental 'law' of magics: "There are no laws in magics. Magics is only bound by the limits of our imagination."

Please do keep in mind that Lenisvan had pondered and meditated for years and arguably gone mental before achieving this feat. Wether his imagination even still had bounds is still a topic for discussion in the present.

What is certain however, is that he disappeared shortly after discovering magics only to reappear with a self-made artifact now known as the Amulet of Lenisvan.
This is the story behind it so far, but it still needs to be adjusted and written further.
Input is, as always, very welcome!

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Um, what amulet you posted earlier?  If it's important they should be in the same thread.  Do you want me to merge them?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sylvor

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Actually, in hindsight, it might indeed have been better to put them in the same post. Sorry about that.

So yes, I'd like to merge them.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Tired of just doing mobile. Now you can Play the game in ur Browser! https://bigmala-productions.itch.io/rpg-forever
I managed to fix my car at last... :biggrin:

I'm proud of what I have achieved with my project. Don't mind with the Spanish, Ill add more languages.
Im currently looking at the RPG MAKER Steam page, and i found out the Rpg maker mz requires bit 64 pc, i only have bit 32 pc ;-;, i am really using an ancient pc.. XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gillfigno