Long Gone Days (DEMO) [NOW on Indiegogo]

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Bura, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Bura

Bura Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish

Long Gone Days

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We are now on Indiegogo! Support the full development of Long Gone Days at:

https://igg.me/at/longgonedays

The demo is OUT!

Download it from itch.io, Game Jolt or rpgmaker.net (more info here)

External Links

Twitter | Devlog | Facebook

Table of Contents

- Synopsis -

- Gameplay -

- Features -
    - Main Characters -

- Art -
    - Screenshots -
    - Credits -

[​IMG]

The game casts the player as Rourke, a soldier from the Core, a highly isolated place below the surface of the Earth. After finding out the awful truth about the operation he’s part of in Kaliningrad, he takes the decision to abandon his post, not really knowing the overall consequences of deserting.

[​IMG]

In order to prevent the imminent war, the player must join forces with people from different parts of the world, who will assist you with battle tactics, language barriers, and overall teamwork.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Besides classical JRPG elements, Long Gone Days borrows mechanics from other genres, like visual novels, puzzles and shooters.

[​IMG]

While the game does have enemy encounters, grinding will never be required as the characters do not level up, but learn stronger skills and upgrade their weapons as the story progresses. When planning your team formation for upcoming battles, you don’t have to worry about having under leveled team members.

[​IMG]

Every character comes with their own set of skills, some which will make your life easier outside of battles, like the Interpreter class, which allows you to communicate with non-English speaking NPCs. You’ll also be able to craft and upgrade weapons and armor using the items you have collected.

Instead of magic, Long Gone Days uses "Morale". This stat affects the characters performance in battle. High Morale means better chance of critical attacks and higher evasion, while Low Morale will drop their accuracy and defense. If their Morale reaches zero, the character will lose their will to fight. To keep their Morale high, you must get to know your party members in order to understand how to motivate them during dialogues. A pessimistic character will not be motivated by mindless encouragement.

[​IMG]

Multiplatform Support: Windows & Mac. Porting to Linux and other platforms is being considered.

Two battle systems: Front-view turn-based combats and a Sniper Mode, which consists of Seek and Find mechanics.

[​IMG]

No random encounters or grinding: The battles are directly related to the plot. Instead of leveling up, your party members will learn new skills, upgrade their weapons and craft new items.

Keep the team’s morale high: Choosing certain dialogue options will affect your team members' Morale, altering their performance in battle. While doing so, keep in mind every character has different personality traits and motivations.

Immersion: As you continue your journey through real world locations, some NPCs will speak in their native tongue. This means you’ll need specific party members (interpreters) to help you out to buy at shops and complete quests.

[​IMG]

Non-Fantasy: There are no magical or supernatural elements, only science and technology.

Battle Strategies: Plan your party lineup accordingly to exploit your enemy’s weaknesses.

[​IMG]

Take care of your team members: Taking quests from your own party or engaging in conversations with them will improve their morale and thus their performance in battle.

Keyboard and controller support.

[​IMG]

These are the first four party members you get use:

[​IMG]

Rourke is 22 years old hot-blooded sniper from the Core. Up until the beginning of the story, he had never been deployed, being shadowed by the other snipers. Rourke is usually self-absorbed and nothing seems to interest him, unless he can benefit from it. His only motivation is being deployed to escape his monotonous life.

[​IMG]
    Adair is a 21 years old combat medic from the Core. While he might come as a rude person because of his serious personality and lack of humour, he’s actually an honest guy who cares about others.

[​IMG]
    Lynn is a 23 years old strategist living in Kaliningrad. She arrived to the shelters a couple of months before the start of the story. Besides planning defense strategies, she's an expert at bomb crafting.

[​IMG]
    Ivan Cherevatenko is a 29 years old English-Russian interpreter from Kaliningrad. He works at the shelters and lives with Lynn. While he refuses to fight, he helps the party by being their translator and teaching them about the world.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Credits

Art & Development
    Bura

Plugins
    Yanfly

Moghunter

Hudell

Modern Algebra
    Galv

Fogomax

Bodka
    Soulpour777

Yoji Ojima

TDD

You can read our updates at the devlog: longgonedays.com

And also don't forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2016
    Iavra, Tsarmina, Leanne and 53 others like this.
  2. amaSenpai

amaSenpai LP: amaSenpai Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Absolutely lovely.

The art is beautiful and the story sounds interesting. I really love that you incorporate the world as a whole, with language barriers as well as the freedom/choice less lifestyle barrier.

I'll be looking out for this!

Question: will you be exploring translations that are outright lies? What happens of a party member doesn't believe what you believe... Would they still help you out?

Bura likes this.
  3. trevers18

trevers18 #hippomaster Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This looks really phenomenal and I can't wait for a demo! I love the art style so much.

Bura likes this.
  4. IAmJakeSauvage

IAmJakeSauvage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I love the art style/color palette you're going with - it's so fresh. I can't wait to see more from you!

Bura likes this.
  5. Bura

Bura Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Hi, @amaSenpai, thank you so much for your kind words! To be honest, I hadn't thought about them not trusting their interpreters (or them manipulating the translations in order to make them fail), but it seems like a reasonable thing to do, especially when some words/sentences are way shorter/longer when translated. But even if that happened, I'm not sure if a player that's not fluent in that specific language would really get what's going on, since there are no subtitles.

Thank you very much, @trevers18 and @IAmJakeSauvage, I'm glad you liked it! Here's a new map I finished yesterday:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2016
  6. Nirwanda

Nirwanda Procrastimancer Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interesantísimo! :p

Love the artstyle and the story sounds very promising. I'm not sold in the languages thing, though, it sound like it might be a hassle, I could be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2016
    Bura likes this.
  7. m4uesviecr

m4uesviecr Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Man, this is gorgeous! Really liking the direction you are taking, especially with cutscenes! Here's to hoping the story (and combat) are just as fun. Any ideas for how you want combat to run? Is it a minor feature in this game?

Bura likes this.
  8. Iliketea

Iliketea Tea lover Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Wow, that looks amazing!

Bura likes this.
  9. Bahamut20

Bahamut20 Can I edit this? Veteran

First Language:
    English/Spanish
    This looks incredible! Buena suerte ;)

Bura likes this.
  10. Polloron

Polloron Warper Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Wow! Impresionante!

The graphics looks sublime, the story sounds good and the gameplay is interesting. I hope the project continues in a good direction.

Bura likes this.
  11. LeoHeart

LeoHeart Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This is quite amazing! I can't wait to hear more!

Bura likes this.
  12. Lameadventuregames

Lameadventuregames Lameadventuregames Member

First Language:
    English
    This is incredible. You are doing amazing work here! Keep the updates coming!

Bura likes this.
  13. Bura

Bura Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Thank you so much, guys! I didn't expect so much support!

Thank you! Well, about that language thing, it's not too much of a hassle, you just need to have that member in your party, and the rest is solved (as soon as I take care of the placeholders, I will show an example, right now it looks a bit embarrassing). So yeah, it's not like you have to collect pages from a dictionary and "decrypt" what the NPCs are saying, it's mostly for immersion rather than a quest.

Thank you very much! Yeah, there are battles, the character you'll be using is a sniper, so I'm emulating that with graphics during the battles. There are also normal turn-based battles whenever the character is way too close to use a rifle, but I'm using a couple of plugins to make it more interesting. Since there isn't magic in this world, I added some skills/mechanics that I hope people find equally amusing.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2016
  14. BloodletterQ

BloodletterQ Chaotic Neutral Assassin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    dayum you're good with these graphics and pushing MV's limits. I wonder how you've got that encyclopedia set up?

Bura likes this.
  15. taistelusopuli

taistelusopuli Your Friendly Neighborhood Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    This is a great looking production! A must follow :)

Bura likes this.
  16. kranasAngel

kranasAngel Wanderer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is by far my favorite production to stumble upon. Best of luck, and I'm looking forward to playing the game. You have my support.

Bura likes this.
  17. Gauze

Gauze Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Português
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    That's another world of RPG Maker. :D

I love unique projects like this 10\10 just for the hipe.

Bura likes this.
  18. AcoBaco

AcoBaco Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    That looks really interesting! I will follow this :)

Bura likes this.
  19. Bura

Bura Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Thank you so much, everyone! You are all so nice!

Here's a little sneak peek of the battle system. Some of the graphics are temporary, though.

[​IMG]

And here's one when the player is hiding in the bushes (here's a bigger WEBM):

[​IMG]

I'm using Moghunter's battle plugins to customize it.

hiromu656, nio kasgami and Marquise* like this.
  20. amaSenpai

amaSenpai LP: amaSenpai Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This looks more amazing with every update!