Long Gone Days (DEMO) [NOW on Indiegogo]

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Bura, Jan 14, 2016.

1. taistelusopuli

taistelusopuli Your Friendly Neighborhood Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    So much to catch up after taking a break over a weekend! :D First the new screens are great!

I am also glad to hear you chose the commercial route. It is a great mental boost. You want the game to succeed = you pay more attention to detail to make a great final product. It also helps you be serious of what you do. In general, aiming for a commercial release brings focus, it raises your vision ant once that happens, I'd say things are more likely to happen ;)

Don't know if others feel that way or if it makes any sense but that is how it seems to me :)

Dream3r likes this.
  2. Iliketea

Iliketea Tea lover Veteran

First Language:
    German
    I NEED to play this

3. Nimbus

Nimbus Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This artwork looks absolutely amazing! I love the way you use elongated characters to break the traditional mold of most 2D RPGs. I think it gives the characters so much more personality. To anyone who says "all RPGMaker games look the same," this is the first thing I would show them because you really went above and beyond.

Best of luck on this project. I for one would definitely be willing to pay money for a commercial release. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on your development. :D

Dream3r likes this.
  4. BloodletterQ

BloodletterQ Chaotic Neutral Assassin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
  5. Bura

Bura Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish

W-what?! It's way too early for that, but I'm really really proud, thanks for sharing it! What makes me happy is that this might bring awareness around RPGMaker and more people will try it out, but...

I do want to clarify something. While I created the characters 12 years ago and by that time I did create the first RM2k version, it's not like I have been working on it every day. A lot has changed since its beginning, especially because I had no idea about military tactics/weapons when I was younger. But it's not like the story will last too many hours.

And well, the assets from the previous versions are obviously not reusable, I mean... I don't know if I should share this, but look at all these awful versions of Rourke through the years, haha:

[​IMG]

It wasn't until 2015 that I actually started to research/work on it full time, from Sunday to Sunday, because I finally managed to save enough to work on it without having to take freelance jobs on the side to pay rent/student debt for a couple of months. But to finish this game has been my lifelong goal for the last 12 years.

Hirei, tami, definite_lee and 4 others like this.
  6. BloodletterQ

BloodletterQ Chaotic Neutral Assassin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'm in a similar position too. Siliconera actually does cover some RPG Maker games, albeit varying in quality. In my case, I'm more of a writer since I'm also doing my game as a novel. Your old sprites are pretty nice too.

Bura likes this.
  7. Dream3r

Dream3r 90% Dreamer, 100% Dedicated Veteran

First Language:
    English

The last two iterations before the final one were also good.  Of course the newest is the best but i do like the 3rd one over from the right.

I understood what you meant about working on the characters for 12 years and not the game itself but that did seem to throw some people off.  I've been writing stories since middle school but that doesn't mean that they've been games in development by any means :p

Bura likes this.
  8. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    I like them all it seems to fit many RPGM versions.  Altought it is cutest IMO when the heads seems more proportional. :D

9. m4uesviecr

m4uesviecr Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    It's awesome that you are getting a little bit of coverage for your game! Talk about getting pumped to do more work! Looking forward (we all are) to seeing more progress!

10. Dream3r

First Language:
    English
    @BuraWould you like to do a podcast with me sometime?  This week I had a game reviewer, next is a voice actress, after that's a composer, so it would be cool to have a talented dev like you after that :)   Let me know your thoughts!

11. Kumo

Kumo Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This looks absolutely stunning! It doesn't even seem like it's a RPGMaker game, it honestly looks like its built from a completely different software or program! I really love the art style and the direction your taking it, it feels so fresh and new. The story is all really well thought out and connects together perfectly, I also really love the fact that you are using modern history and tweaking it to your story! Kinda like how the Assassins Creed games do with history! And the combat system looks really awesome and fits the military aspect of the game really well and just looks simply beautiful! I really am looking forward to seeing how this project turns out! Next thing you know it will be on the main page of  the Steam Store!  :)  

Bura and Dream3r like this.
  12. Bura

Bura Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Sorry everyone for the lack of updates, I attended the Global Game Jam and just got back on track.

Here's a work in progress of one of the new maps, it is still lacking ambient lighting, though:

[​IMG]

@Kumo Thank you, that's so nice of you!

@m4uesviecr Yeah, I can't wait to release the demo but I want it to look good enough before I release it (a lot of the maps currently look like the first frame of the gif above, with black lines and white backgrounds, haha)

@Dream3r Sounds interesting, though I am a bit embarrassed of my hispanic accent, haha. Let's talk more about it on private.

Dream3r likes this.
  13. Bura

Bura Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2016
    Nimbus, Marquise* and Dream3r like this.
  14. Dream3r

First Language:
    English
    Nice pic and gameplay.  I assume there's going to be more animations put into the game such as those background characters having idle poses.  Am I correct?

Really psyched for this.

Bura likes this.
  15. kyuukyuu

kyuukyuu Veteran

First Language:
    English
    *ooooooooooooo* This is amazinnngg~ The maps, the graphics *wwwww* 

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2016
    Bura likes this.
  16. Bura

Bura Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Hello everyone! Here's a new screenshot with the actual size of the game:

[​IMG]

And here's said screenshot in action:

Yeah, I'll animate them a bit, but for the demo I'll try to keep it simple, with only 3 frames.

Aww, thank you :D!

Idril, Guardcraft Games and Justice like this.
  17. m4uesviecr

m4uesviecr Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Ooh, it's looking great! Really digging the bridge! I was hoping you would make more items with as much "motion" (excuse my bad art lingo), similar to the old bridge screenshot you uploaded in the OP.

Bura likes this.
  18. Dream3r

First Language:
    English
    I like how "zoomed in" the game feels. Real close attention to detail :D

Bura likes this.
  19. taistelusopuli

taistelusopuli Your Friendly Neighborhood Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Beautiful screens have appeared since I swung by last time! :)  The just looks so good. There is no getting around it. I hope to see more of those little animations. They make everything feel so alive.

20. Bura

Bura Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Hi everyone! I'm sorry for the lack of updates this week, but I focused on eventing. I also added more frames to the walk cycles:

[​IMG]