Long loading times

swickster

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I'm getting long black screens every time I transfer to a map that has lots of events on it. They're animated tree events and there's lots of them. Is there a different way to do this or should I just not animate the trees? The loading screen is about 10 seconds long and it's really annoying.

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm pretty sure that for animated trees, animated parallaxes script would be better solution.

Eliaquim

Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm getting long black screens every time I transfer to a map that has lots of events on it. They're animated tree events and there are lots of them. Is there a different way to do this or should I just not animate the trees? The loading screen is about 10 seconds long and it's really annoying.
Tried to use Chaucer_SceneStabilizer?
It's a preload plugin, that works great for me.
But I think in your case that is more to do with processing than image cache...

belatucadrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Trees that are off screen don't need to be animated, right ?

I'm pretty sure there is a plugin that doesn't animate (or even doesn't load at all) offscreen objects ? Someone to confirm this ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Expectation: Design/dev a game for the game jam | Reality: "These codes suck, why did I do it this way? lemme fix this. Also what if I add feature xyz because... well, I can."
Did my first script call in an event! :kaopride: It's completely useless and just because I thought it'd be cute if looking at clocks in-game made the character say the real-world time, but it's fully functional scripting and I did it all by myself!
Stream will be going live shortly! I will be playing Resident Evil 3 Remake, and then I will be switching to a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Spent all day working on something that ultimately has nothing "flashy" to show at the end of it. But that sense of achievement...
This is on the Amazon page for the FF7 Remake: 'If you get the game early, please think of others and don't spoil it for them. Please don't post videos or screenshots of the game until it is officially on sale on April 10.'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartelStef