Long time developer but new to RPG Maker... Hi!

coconutCream

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi everyone,

Nice to meet you all!

So I wanted to make an RPG. For like... forever. Since I played Dragon Warrior on my NES when it came out. Yes, forever. And I found myself here.

Backstory: I've been a game developer since 1994, back when I got to work on SNES and Genesis games. It's been a long road since then. I transitioned from 2D to 3D when the Playstation came out, worked up through other consoles, then on to PC. I started out as an artist, then I made my way into also doing music and sound effects, and eventually (18 years ago) started programming. After all this time, I now find myself really, really missing the fun of working on 2D games, the kind of games I truly love, which is what brings me here.

When deciding to finally work on RPGs, I looked at a ton of different engines. I've been using Unity since 2009, releasing several games with it, and to many people that would make Unity the logical choice moving forward. It wasn't for me, though. I wanted something new and fun and different, and after looking at RPG Maker it just kind of spoke to me, and I knew it could be the one.

So, having completed a few tutorials in RPG Maker MV, I'm smitten. This is awesome! Exactly what I've been looking for.

After spending some time reading threads and getting a feel for the community, I'm really happy to be here, so thanks for making this such a welcome place. :)

Last edited:

Plueschkatze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Welcome to the community @coconutCream (your name is yummy~!).

I hope you'll be able to archive everything you want with this lovely little engine!
If you get stuck, the people around here are very happy to help eachother solve problems and improve.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey! :)

It's awesome that you've been making games for such a long time. What did you make back in the day?

I look forward to seeing what you create in RPG Maker, and hope you enjoy your time with us.

SimProse

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Welcome....I was in the same spot as you a little while ago. 20+ year indie developer and programmer who stumbled onto RPG Maker and loved it instantly. I have 3 games out now using the tool, and still enjoy it. Have fun exploring!

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Welcome! I love seeing more and more people here that have such an affinity for the classics like I do. I hope you enjoy your time here. Let us know if you need anything.

Stanley

Nobody, Joystrike Scientist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay, Lotudian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi coco senpai, welcome to the forums! :kaohi: Your well developed prior game dev experiences will surely get yourself firmly grounded in the loop Curious about your portfolio! :kaojoy:

LeeAceSan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Welcome, very interesting profile ! Can't wait to see your future work :popcorn:

JamesdomusGames

I'm an anarchist. No, really.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awesome, coconutCream. It's good to see someone who's worked in the business. I think you'll do well with RPGMaker. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

trying to wrap up the boat/ship/castaway tilesets with a great galleon - no promises
Mail from campus: we will have the lessons this semester not remote, if possible. All my my profs: Remote it is.
https://gyazo.com/5a19cfce090a2585b3c0fcb7c699b92c Just finished a stealth system, its not metal gear solid level though, maybe elder scrolls level, it just works.
I ain't dead btw, just trying to keep up with university :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkDrakOnyX