Looking for a battler with a "battle start" animation

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The default SV actors don't have anything suitable as a "battle start". I could just play an arbitrary animation, but it isn't nearly as interesting.

For an example of what I mean, take a look at this video (go to 1:10)

You'll start by seeing the enemy fade into view.

Boring.

Next, you'll see the girl crack her whip and the guy do something weird with his weapon.

That's the motion I'm interested in showing when a battle starts and would like to make a video for it.

Anyone have a battler with a spritesheet for this animation?

Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
I'm not sure how helpful this will be for you, but I've seen a video showing a small animation for characters before the battle starts (nothing outside the character generator I think).

It uses Yanfly's plugins and some tweaking.

Last edited by a moderator:

Holder

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's not the default ones but row 12 of my battlers is the Enter pose, used it so that enemies can have one also.

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm not sure how helpful this will be for you, but I've seen a video showing a small animation for characters before the battle starts (nothing outside the character generator I think).

It uses Yanfly's plugins and some tweaking.
I already do this, although it's decently hard to set up unique poses for each, you can also just get them to use their attack animation and it looks cool, like they are drawing their weapon!

NarikoStudios

Lover of Catgirls
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Also interested in this and interested in what happens with this post

Having a intro animation would be very cool to see would that girl with the fruits throw her Orange into the air and catch it xD

Take the Orange and eat it

Last edited by a moderator:

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Also interested in this and interested in what happens with this post

Having a intro animation would be very cool to see would that girl with the fruits throw her Orange into the air and catch it xD

Take the Orange and eat it
I think this would be cool but throwing a separate object, in my mind, can only be done by animation e.g one of my party members flips a coin when they enter battle, that is done by a coin flip animation!

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is there a specific character you want to see an intro animation for or do you just need any battler sprite for demonstration purposes or something?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

finished the second chapter of deltarune today, I gotta say that the 3 years wait was worth it lol
Happy Friday, y'all! I just got home from work and am sitting down with a nice cider, and I'm ready to chill and enjoy myself. Not sure if I'm gonna dive into any of my game-related projects or not tonight.... we'll see how I feel after unwinding for a bit I guess!
Just found out that mint tea made from chocolate mint tastes a bit like hot cocoa with candy cane stirred in. As I'm allergic to chocolate this makes me very happy.
It's special day for me tomorrow so time to vanish for 24 hours lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roeigold123