Nico Kaneo

Newb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello, today I am looking for a very specific script, that may have not been invented yet, for RPG Maker VX Ace!

Specifically, I'm looking for a script that will allow characters to climb over obstacles. 

I'm looking for:

• Ability to climb over obstacles that are 1 tile high, such as wall tiles, with    the press of a button.

Pressing a button causes the character to jump up and grab the tile wall. Pressing left, or right on the keypad allows the character to shimmy across the wall. Pressing up makes the character climb over the obstacle. Pressing down makes the player drop back down to the tile below.

If anybody has any resources for this please let me know in the comments! Thanks.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't see why you need a script to do this - most of the functions are already in the map tiles (for example, classify the climable wall as a ladder to make the sprite look like climbing there), and simply use the event command jump with a moveroute to get to the bottom points.

I don't know of any script that does this, because it's usually easier and less problematic to make this with events...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've been working on plugins to make it easier to incorporate Persona 3's Once More batsys into MV games. One makes it so you can have states automatically applied to the target and/or user when their hit crits or targets a weakness... I could use testers for it, though. Maybe I'll make a thread in the JS Plugins In Development board about it?
Whenever I'm feeling down I like to watch Bardic Inspiration by Deerstalker Pictures
on youtube. Because 'my mockery is Vicious.' It's funny and catchy like the flu.
Knew this hurricane was coming for me, because it got my name on it! See you humans and non-humans in a few days if not a few weeks. Now go work on yo games!
ScreenShot_9_27_2022_6_54_39.png
New enemy finished today... Century Owl.
bandicam 2022-09-27 22-40-47-956.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpion0