Looking for a Climbing Script

Nico Kaneo

Newb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello, today I am looking for a very specific script, that may have not been invented yet, for RPG Maker VX Ace!

Specifically, I'm looking for a script that will allow characters to climb over obstacles. 

I'm looking for:

• Ability to climb over obstacles that are 1 tile high, such as wall tiles, with    the press of a button.

Pressing a button causes the character to jump up and grab the tile wall. Pressing left, or right on the keypad allows the character to shimmy across the wall. Pressing up makes the character climb over the obstacle. Pressing down makes the player drop back down to the tile below.

If anybody has any resources for this please let me know in the comments! Thanks.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't see why you need a script to do this - most of the functions are already in the map tiles (for example, classify the climable wall as a ladder to make the sprite look like climbing there), and simply use the event command jump with a moveroute to get to the bottom points.

I don't know of any script that does this, because it's usually easier and less problematic to make this with events...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Aaaaannd published my game's tech demo. :D

Feel free to download and play it. And give feedback!
Hey everyone, we know that the edit bar is missing. We're working on it. You can talk about it in the announcement here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/forum-errors-missing-edit-bar-etc.132715/
So, explain why we can no longer use BBC code or smilies in our posts? This sparks much sadness...
Are we now stuck with WYSIWYG ? I cannot revert back my posts to good old raw text ?
I'm wondering if I may be putting too many things into one map. A story, within a story, within a story . . . it's fun, but I can't shake the feeling that it may be better to scrap some of it, and use it for another map. I'm not sure what to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nachteulen