Xalavis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a plugin that will help me have actor levels independent from class levels?

For example, Susan is level 1 and her starting class (let's say Adventurer) is level 1 as well. As the game continues, Susan's actor level can increase as well as her class level; As you unlock new classes you can switch to those and level them up individually, all while maintaining her level tied to the actor. So basically Susan can be actor level 10 at one point, unlock a new class and be level 1 with that new class, but still actually be level 10 as far as base actor stats go.

That being said, most of the stats (such as HP, Attack, Magic Attack, etc.) would need to be tied to the class itself (not the actor), while mostly the actor level would provide only smaller stat boosts across the board per level up. So basically the class itself would determine your overall efficiency while the actor level would be more or less a stat stick that just goes up.
I am looking for something that can do this as well as allow passives for having a certain class equipped (so for example Adventurer gets a passive that gives bonus XP while it's equipped), but also allow players to equip sub-classes that merely provide a skill set rather than any stats (or passives) being carried over.

For example, Susan changes her class from Adventurer to Wizard and therefore her stats and passives will change over to the Wizard's stats and passives. As Susan levels up with the Wizard job equipped, she unlocks new skills every level. She can then set that class as her sub-class on other classes and use the skills she has learned but not benefit from the the stats or passives.

I think this would be pretty interesting in terms of allowing a player to be a bit more flexible with what they want their character to do. So for example if you wanted to create a Battlemage of sorts, you could have your main class set to Knight but have Wizard set as your sub-class, so you have the stats of a Knight but can use the Wizard abilities you have unlocked as well as Knight abilities. Whether or not that would actually be effective is up to the player themselves, but it allows the possibility for more variety.

As a quick recap, I need something that would have actor levels, class levels, and sub-class functionality. Actor levels would provide base stat boosts, while class levels would provide more focused stat increases and decreases. You can equip a sub-class to use the skillset that comes from the class (no other stats or passives would be active from the sub-class).

I don't mind if the plugin I am looking for is a paid plugin. I hope I explained everything well enough to understand; Thanks in advance!

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yanfly plugins is my goto for MV
im actually using a system similar this by using yanfly's sub class plugin for the actor/class level. main class in unchangeable and that represents the actor level while the sub class is changeable which is the job level.

you could try use equip skills plugin + allow skill types plugin for your plan of the sub job skills.
make every class have a skill type that works like normal from having the class set (allow skill types)
but also give each class 1 skill at lv1 that is not part of the allowed skill types to use with equip skills.
the equip skill would have equip state notetag tied to it with the state just being add skill type.
just make it so can only equip 1 skill (which would actually be equipping a whole class's skill set) that way you would have 1 type from the set class and 1 type from the skill equip state.

my setup is a bit different there because im not using the allow skill types. just a equip individual skills system where the sub job is more just for allow gear types and stat modifiers, while class has nothing to do with learning new skills (my unlocking and learning skills is different setup entirely)

Last edited:

Gigadragon78

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly Class Change is a paid plugin,for free there is Douraku Soft Job Change,just a warning. It is in japanese.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You would use the following:
Yanfly Class Change to...change class.
Yanfly Subclass to have the subclass skills available
Yanfly Job Points to get the job points to buy skills with
Fox JP Levels to have each class have levels independent of your actor level

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I THINK I have a slightly better grasp on drawing my maps now... sorta. I still need to figure out how to draw a city of sorts. I've only got the abstract going so far.
One day, I'll not have this lingering cough and we'll have another make a game stream.
A music I create while practicing E Major scale. :D
Too bad the Boss Battle Build Bout isn't also for VXAce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoanjoboryMaster