Looking for a Minimap plug in

RoadKillCandy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
I have gone through 4 or so plug-ins today each has had a game braking error happen to me, I'm looking for a different plug-in from these or a way to fix it. I also don't want to use a plug-in(s) that have me save images of the map, because one that will make the game larger and two that will take more time.

Plug-ins I've tried for minimap.

- William Ramsey https://rpgmakermv.co/resources/rpg-maker-mv-mini-map-plugin.973/ (using ANY save file, yes they are new
makes the game have a "call" error)

- TheUnproPro https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/minimap-plugin.66443/ (I can't get rid of the box to name the map, it just looks to messy)

- jerry2810 ( uses images)

- Iavra ("actor" error for new game)

- SilverDash (wont load plugin even with the silver code)
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/silvers-keybinding.51310

Attachments

Last edited:

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've got an easy fix suggestion. Program the minimap yourself through an event. It's not that hard.
It defies your request of not using images, but if you use small images, it won't inflate the game size radically. Not to mention, you can compress them even further.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you're getting an error, post the error so we can see it. What's the point of looking at plugin after plugin and not trying to resolve any of the problems? If other people aren't having the same problem, chances are you've done something wrong.

Decide which one you want to use, install it, get rid of the others. Play the game. When the error occurs, hit F8 and take a screenshot of the console. Post it so we can help.

Also, please post links to the plugins, not the plugins themselves. The forum page usually has more info that the plugin description doesn't have. And other reasons.

Last edited:

RoadKillCandy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
If you're getting an error, post the error so we can see it. What's the point of looking at plugin after plugin and not trying to resolve any of the problems? When the error occurs, hit F8 and take a screenshot of the console.

Also, please post links to the plugins, not the plugins themselves. The forum page usually has more info that the plugin description doesn't have. And other reasons.
I did list the name of the Error beside each of them like "call" or "actor"

RoadKillCandy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
I've got an easy fix suggestion. Program the minimap yourself through an event. It's not that hard.
It defies your request of not using images, but if you use small images, it won't inflate the game size radically. Not to mention, you can compress them even further.
ya I saw a video on it but I'd still rather use a plug-in, if I can . The mini map is a request from many of my play-testers.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is not helpful. Hit F8 and get the full error log. It shows what the real error is, and what plugin or script is generating it.

RoadKillCandy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
William Ramsey , this error is only to come up if you use an old file (before mini map plug in) but if you make a new game and do a save it does this too

Attachments

RoadKillCandy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
William Ramsey , this error is only to come up if you use an old file (before mini map plug in) but if you make a new game and do a save it does this too
sometimes the error hits when leaving the save spot.

Attachments

RoadKillCandy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
That is not helpful. Hit F8 and get the full error log. It shows what the real error is, and what plugin or script is generating it.
ok, I'll post them.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Which ONE do you want to use?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The issue with an error when you load an old save game is quite common. A lot of plugins (obviously including this one) will set stuff up when the game is loaded, or when a character is added to the party, or when the map is loaded. If you have a save file prior to adding the plugin, that info hasn't been set up, so when the plugin looks for it, it's not there and causes an error. So that is not something that can be addressed - if you aren't super organized and know all the plugins you're going to use and add them to the game right at the start (which means 99.99% of people), you need to be prepared to ditch your save files and start over when you add a new plugin. It's best to leave out any "old save file" errors from the discussion and just focus on issues that happen with new games started after the plugin was added.

So the only issue with this plugin is that 'call' undefined error? I'm not sure if I'll have time over the weekend, but at least now that you've select just one, and have posted the console log from the error, someone might be able to take a look and see if they can find the cause of the problem.

And that problem happens if you start a new game after adding the plugin, save it, then load the saved game?

RoadKillCandy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
The issue with an error when you load an old save game is quite common. A lot of plugins (obviously including this one) will set stuff up when the game is loaded, or when a character is added to the party, or when the map is loaded. If you have a save file prior to adding the plugin, that info hasn't been set up, so when the plugin looks for it, it's not there and causes an error. So that is not something that can be addressed - if you aren't super organized and know all the plugins you're going to use and add them to the game right at the start (which means 99.99% of people), you need to be prepared to ditch your save files and start over when you add a new plugin. It's best to leave out any "old save file" errors from the discussion and just focus on issues that happen with new games started after the plugin was added.

So the only issue with this plugin is that 'call' undefined error? I'm not sure if I'll have time over the weekend, but at least now that you've select just one, and have posted the console log from the error, someone might be able to take a look and see if they can find the cause of the problem.

And that problem happens if you start a new game after adding the plugin, save it, then load the saved game?
As I said they are NOT old save file but brand new save file after the plug in. Also it did this before I added any plug in.

padr81

Guy whose game is taking too long.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A

Unfortunately with both of the UPP's the same issue happens after you first save the game. You can start a new game, play save and then when you go to load it dies. Its an old plugin from 1.3 or so, so probably needs an update.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[dpost]RoadKillCandy[/dpost]
In fact I see that the other day it was 4 in a row. If you want to add something, just edit your earlier post. If you want to quote more than one post, use the Multiquote option.

You have also posted scripts.
[mod]Please edit your post to remove them and provide links instead[/mod]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Profile Posts

Realizing my earlier maps are an abomination against all things, I'm doing a bit of a remake. Tell me if you can see the difference. :LZSwink:

And the horrific before pics...

Last part of OcRam Obfuscator sneek peaks!
YES! officially released my games soundtrack on Itunes, Spotify, and Amazon..... kinda cool!

Another old age version of Reid. Trying out different style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradzackyle