Looking for a Partner

Sunku

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
First and foremost, I would like to introduce myself to anyone that was interested in reading this thread. I am a young adult that loves video games with a burning passion. I program as a hobby and would do just about anything to make video games for a living. That being said I don't know that many languages anymore. I'm rusty with Java and I really don't want to figure out how I've gotten with C++. That being said I am studying Ruby so I can script for the game I am currently working on.

Now that, that, is out of the way, I can tell you a bit about the game(s) you can/will work with me on. As of this post, there is only one game that is being worked on and it will be the only one, since two people could probably only handle one project at a time. It's an RPG that is well, being made with RPG Maker VX Ace. I have the Luna Engine, but I'm trying to avoid using that until I'm better with scripts. The place holder title for this game is "Generic RPG", which, let's be honest; that is exactly what it is going to be. I'm not strong in the story area, but I want to put together a game for feedback, and to entertain strange people I've never met in my life.

What do I need? Well I am looking for a partner that is capable of doing tile art, character art, face art, and item art. They can have animations in their pool, but I am fine with using the default ones. Same with the GUI, if push comes to shove with that, I can always give a wack at art. I'm better with a pencil and paper though, which is why I'm looking for a partner.

Why work for free? More experience with a team, more for your portfolio(?), we can bond and create something for entertainment, without worrying about budget.

More on the free part. In the end, I'm going to give you full credit for the art in the game, however the rest of it would all go to Atomix Development. Atomix Development, is a non-profit organization, but we accept donations (Currently only consists of me). If for some reason this game makes people want to donate to Atomix Development, you will get a share in that money.

What do I need from you? Well you can reply to either this thread, or you can PM me. Posting here is probably a lot better though. I will need an example of your art and I'd love your reason for being my partner.

I thank you in advanced, whether you decide to take up the offer or you're just curious. And yes, I do understand that I will probably have a hard time finding someone that will do this.

*EDIT: I'm looking for like a long time partnership kind of thing. Make a few games together, bond, and possibly go our separate ways one day. However, this is not for one product.

Another thing is that I will post updates on projects that are being worked on at the time, via Screenshots of either art or in game.

Also, I'd like to make it very clear that I will only use RPG Maker VX Ace when posting here. So if you aren't familiar with art involved in things related to that, then sadly you might not fit.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThatMaestroGuy

You are lovely~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can't say I could help you much with the visual aspect of making a game. But I could likely write up a terribly generic RPG for you, complete with witty, not-taking-itself-seriously dialogue and such.

Sunku

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can't say I could help you much with the visual aspect of making a game. But I could likely write up a terribly generic RPG for you, complete with witty, not-taking-itself-seriously dialogue and such.
Hmm, that would be great actually. Are you willing to do this for free? Also off topic, but the picture you have as your avatar is great.

Prodigy 1216

Prodigious Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malanglish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I can draw face sets but I can't color....You can see some of my works here: http://prodigykajji1216.deviantart.com/

Oh yeah if you want me to draw something, send me a message BEFORE 4th January as I will be going back to my hostel. So that I can draw your facesets while in school.^_^

Sunku

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I can draw face sets but I can't color....You can see some of my works here: http://prodigykajji1216.deviantart.com/

Oh yeah if you want me to draw something, send me a message BEFORE 4th January as I will be going back to my hostel. So that I can draw your facesets while in school.^_^
 Alright, I've PM'd you to get further information.

I am still looking for an artistic partner that can fill these needs. Even a group of people would be fine, but remember that there is no pay (unless for some reason a donation happens). I'll update the original post if I am no longer looking for an artist.

Dainiri.Art

Broken Tablet Mastery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is just a tip, it will help you get more interest if you post some screenshots of your project. Also you did not say if its for VX Ace or MV but I assume its for Ace since you said you're studying ruby right now.

Well good luck with you! Hope you find someone soon!

Sunku

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is just a tip, it will help you get more interest if you post some screenshots of your project. Also you did not say if its for VX Ace or MV but I assume its for Ace since you said you're studying ruby right now.

Well good luck with you! Hope you find someone soon!
I was thinking about that, but honestly this post was meant for a longer term kind of thing, so I mean, I should probably include at least that. Thanks for the feedback.

ThatMaestroGuy

You are lovely~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I could muster up something for free, yes. But time is usually an issue for me, as I'm constantly busy with work and other stuff flying at my face on a regular basis. Still, if you don't mind waiting, you could give me a general idea on what you'd like to have happen, and we can discuss it further.

Sunku

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I could muster up something for free, yes. But time is usually an issue for me, as I'm constantly busy with work and other stuff flying at my face on a regular basis. Still, if you don't mind waiting, you could give me a general idea on what you'd like to have happen, and we can discuss it further.
That is completely understandable. I'll be sure to shoot you a PM.

Sunku

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Bump.

Still looking for someone(or some people) to fill the position of artist(s).

If you're interested in joining the team in general, I'd need to know that information as well. My non-profit organization is Atomix Development. It even has an unofficial/official gaming team. (The game team has a few people)

Sunku

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I dont know how much i can help, other than of course playtesting but that's something anyone can do.I understand most of Ace's processes so if you have any bugs, send out a shout. Oh and plot and gameplay ideas of course.

Sunku

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I dont know how much i can help, other than of course playtesting but that's something anyone can do.I understand most of Ace's processes so if you have any bugs, send out a shout. Oh and plot and gameplay ideas of course.
I'll keep that in mind! Thanks for posting.

Also, Bumperino

Sedna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
What kind of game are you aiming to do ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Diary ---

M.Mage: It's the F.Mage's Diary. While she isn't here,i can read it.

May, 10: I'm hurt after the battle with the Minotaur. But luckily,F.Healer heal me with her Heal-2. That why,i Fall in Love with her.

M.Mage: Eh???
So... some of my Desktop hardware has kicked it apparently (still trying to figure out what and how at the moment :/ ) .... yay?
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
Made a HUGE (YYOOOOJJ) Update to Monstructs and moving towards a Steam Early Access release!
A skill type called: "Rumagic". The intention is Magic with Rum(that pirates drink)
Does it sound strange in English?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sosmax