ZankokuNoYami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Basically I am trying to find out if there are any plugins that change a spell into a different spell when under a specific state or trigger.

For example, if you have a spell called Gust and you activate Agility, that spell is replaced with Spiral Gust.

Not looking for something that activates/deactivates based on a state/trigger. But something that completely changes which spell is there. Spells are equipped, so I cant just hide/show them either. I just want the game to immediately go "You are trying to use Gust, but because X state is active, you now use Spiral Gust".

Thanks!

SGHarlekin

Orc Jester
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm.. The easiest way I came up with was using action sequences perhaps. You can put if conditions in there so it should be possible to just go like if "agility switch" = use different animations, formula?

Won't replace the skill name in the skill window but should work...

xabileug

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
you just need a state plugin. when under that state forget gust, learn agility

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So you don't say what plugin you're using for equipping skills, and that's the tricky part. I'm going to presume Yanfly's Equip Battle Skills, but if it's something else you'll need to modify this code.

Using Yanfly's Buffs and States Core, put the following notetag into your Agility state:
Code:
<Custom Apply Effect>
if (user.isLearnedSkill(x))
{
    user.forgetSkill(x);
    user.learnSkill(y);
}
</Custom Apply Effect>

where x is the ID of Gust and y is the ID of Spiral Gust. Then put the same code into a Custom Remove Effect, but reverse the IDs.

If you're using Yanfly's Equip Battle Skills, it looks like it automatically equips a skill when you learn it if you have an open slot.

If it doesn't work that way, and this swaps the skills on the actor but doesn't equip it, let us know and you can do that manually in the notetags.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Now that I have linklists on large trees and cars, is there any theme that would interest you?
Debugging multiplayer issues... I'm having fun, right?
yay_streaming.jpg

For just starting streaming on the 10th... Definitely not the worst. :LZScheeze:

Granted I need 333.34 hours a month on average to achieve money. So I don't really expect that, but it sure has helped my game dev go much faster.
Proud on how this map turned out.

FnmhDLIXgAAOvIC
I just finally fixed a huge problem that wouldn’t let my game load and would crash it.. I thought that I was gonna have to trash the project and start over lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maple-Senpai