FREE Looking for a Psychological Horror Story writer! (Vague Story already existing)

Kong

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Hey there!
1576860612463.png
This is Lily .
Lily is 10 years old and deaf since an accident a few years ago where her father has passed away.
Since then her life is very hard.
Her mother becomes more and more emotionally instable since she has to provide for her children alone.
Her Brother (12 years old) doesn't talk to her because he blames her for fathers death.
Her mother employed a private teacher who abuses her (sadly in the worst way possible ofc).

That's why Lily wants to go to her dreamworld where she can hear and stay away from all the troubles at home.
But the nightmares won't stop. (etc...)
----------------------------

I am the "programmer" of this game and my collegue is the artist.
But now we realized that we aren't the best in writing the story and "creating a world" which fits in a psychological horror game.
The horror should crawl under your skin and with the limitations of RPG Maker you cannot accomplish that with Monsters chasing you. That's my opinion.
I need someone who tells me how Lily's dreams fade into her real life with time, how many maps there should be, how big they should be, what they should look like and how to play with the anticipation of the player.
If someone is interested in this project, please contact me.
I played enough Horror to know what's good and what isn't and sadly I am too uncreative at this point to write something good myself.

Thanks for reading everyone ,_,

Kong

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
I might try to redirect someone to your thread... Gimme a sec!

obsorber

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got an idea based on something I was working on but haven't published. I would love to work on it with you, the idea could be given if I could contribute as a Co Developer. This would involve helping with the story, funding, resources, and possible design and implementation of the game. I'm not asking to over take the job but I would like to get involved as a team effort could be good for my portfolio.

CrowStorm

Storm crow descending, Winter unending.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I could do this for you but sadly, not for free: I don't charge much though, so if you ever scrape together any kind of nonzero dev budget for this, take another tilt at these forums. I'm willing to work very cheap up front if their are royalties involved on the back end.

But yeah, arguably you are asking for someone to develop MOST of your game here, outside of the technical work and art. It'd be a borderline miracle to have someone show up that wants to do it for free.

GhostJenson

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don’t know if you’re still looking for a writer, but I’d be willing to write for you. If you’re willing to do a skill trade, I am all in. Let me know!

Marmit

La vie n'est qu'une toile vierge.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm well versed into how to make good psychological horror. I could defiantly help since I think about how to make good tension and scares a lot.

I don't really need anything in return, so I'm happy to contribute for free.

Ich bin gut darin versiert, guten psychologischen Horror zu machen. Ich könnte trotzig helfen, da ich darüber nachdenke, wie ich gute Spannung und Angst machen kann. Ich brauche eigentlich nichts dafür, deshalb bin ich glücklich, kostenlos einen Beitrag zu leisten.

Taireaah

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm fairly competent at writing and I have worked on a few psychological horror (and just plain horror) stories. I have one completely written that just needs a few more revisions before being perfect (In my eyes) as well as one plot that I am working to flesh out. If you wanted I could send you the short story that I wrote as a sample of my writing, though, its not as dialogue heavy as an RPG game would be I think it does give a good idea of how I go on thinking about and processing while writing psychological horror. Let me Know if you're still looking and If you are interested and maybe we could do a trade of sorts! (I am looking for some art regarding the other writing that I mentioned). Thanks! -Tai

BerryWasabi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Hi! I'm interested for writing for you guys! I love making characters, and making scenes, if you're willing, I am also working on something that needs programmer and artist and we can work on both projects!

Leporine

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi there! I'm not sure if you're still looking for a writer for this project, but I'll leave a comment here in case you are. I have a bachelor's degree in Creative Writing and I'm looking to sink my teeth into a project just like this. I'd be delighted to work on this with you! :LZSkiss:

Kong

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
I'm so overwhelmed and ashamed that after a week of "no to little response" I didn't look into this thread frequently. Thank you all so much for your offerings, really means a lot to me.
We changed quite some details of this story and right now I'm implementing Chapter 1's last part.
Sadly university and covid hit us hard, too.
And yet from what we have implemented the scenes and dialogues still don't feel great to me.

What I'm saying is that right now there isn't much storywriting to do, but (I think) lot's of polishing and feedback.
If someone is still interested I could send him/her the playable concept of the prequel to analyze and criticize and if someone is compatible with our vision I could send him/her the whole script?

But regardless, thanks for your time and effort to offer your services <3

Kong

Attachments

• Prequel Living Room.png
    Prequel Living Room.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 17

studwb22

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Were you ever able to bring someone on?

pohutukawa

WRITER.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks really cool. Super talented artist. Would be willing to critique what you have, in terms of writing. I am good at loophole spotting. Good luck!

Marmit

La vie n'est qu'une toile vierge.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm always interested in testing it and offering critique.
I definitely understand what you mean about covid, it hit me pretty hard too.
I'll definitely take you up on the offer to test play your game.

Kong

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Alright so as it looks the people who DMd me and playtested the game never responded which either means they are rude or the prequel is just the ****tiest garbage in the world :kaodes:
That part isn't even wanted to be scary lmao. But it's okay.
So what I'm gonna do is to post a link to the prequel part here and whoever wants to critique everything possible can post here or DM me and I'll appreciate it either way.

Remember that the audio, the dialogue and some parts of the graphics (especially missing lighting) are aaaaaaaaaall in its concept phase. This is only out to have something playable while testing if the game feels natural/intuitive/boring/etc.

So yeah. Thanks for still showing interest and I'm really curious what it is that makes the people stop interacting - I'm even open for harsh critique as long as it gives a hint on what might be done better. Hope I don't sound whiny haha I'm just curious.

Stay healthy y'all!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Screenshot-2021-05-02-at-15-07-54.png

Tivadar will help you travel to distant places in Eniko: Ghosts Of Grace

Finally done with the school project, here's the raw video of it. o_O :smile:
Can February March? No, but April May.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member