Looking for a script call?

RavenBlueIndigo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I don't know if this is the right area to post this, but I was wondering if there exists a script call or a script to force a change in the keybindings in a project.

Basically, the controls in my game need to look akin to this in the F1 control scheme.

It won't start like that for people and I hate the idea of putting in a disclaimer to change the controls. I'd rather have a call force this at the beginning of the game or something.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The keybindings are handled in a different part, hidden from normal view.

You'd need a keyboard script to force the bindings.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Every player can change those settings, so your setting them up that way doesn't mean your players are going to have them set up the same way.

I could be wrong here, but I think the settings are also engine-wide, so changing them for your game could also change them for other games.

Why not just let the player choose how they want to set them up?

RavenBlueIndigo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Well, I set up the controls in a way that I felt was simplified and well placed and there are little hint boxes in the game that tell you the controls. I had someone stream my game and then the inputs that the boxes said weren't corresponding to the actual controls, so I don't want that to be an issue.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see what you mean. I'm not even aware of a way to see what the mappings are from within the game. If you could, you could at least change the hint boxes to refer to the current settings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Karen: Hi, I have a condition that prevents me from wearing a mask. :)

Employee: Can you tell me what it is?

Karen: >:(
Feeling a little overwhelmed... There are so many things to do.
- Building a simple website for portfolio
- Setup *******
- Manage social media
There are so many things inside of these tasks :(
Meet the cute little ghost, FhooFhoo. :kaopride:
If anyone here is looking for another high-potential RPGMaker game--besides She Dreams Elsewhere--be sure to follow Lawmage Academy. Good social media presence will take that game far.
Lol, I was about to write a small tutorial and realized it would belong to the MZ section ....that does not exist yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
air_kity