kiriyubel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Good day, all. I hope this is the right place to post this.

I am using VXAce and looking for a script that can do the followings:

1. there is only one save file.

2. after the player is transported to a specific map (or activate a specific switch) the game is saved automatically, without going to the save screen.

3. if the player close the game and open it to continue, instead of the load file screen it automatically load the auto saved file.

That's it. That's what I'm looking for. I prefer a simple script which will not require too much tinkering from me (I don't want to accidentally mess something up...)

Thank you.

Stupidbro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I am using VXAce and looking for a script that can do the followings:

1. there is only one save file.

2. after the player is transported to a specific map (or activate a specific switch) the game is saved automatically, without going to the save screen.
I can't help with all of that, but I might be able to help with some. For changing how many profiles there are, there's a bit of code in the DataManager script that has
Code:
def self.savefile_max
    return 16
  end
Change that 16 to 1 and there you go.

For the autosave, it'll probably involve
Code:
DataManager.save_game(0)
. That'll save the file without bringing up the save screen. I don't know if you really only want one save file or if you thought that you can't have autosave with multiple profiles, but if it's the latter...
Code:
DataManager.save_game(DataManager.last_savefile_index)
This has always worked for me. Not sure how you'd want to go about doing that automatically on a specific map, but I feel like a Parallel Process event that deletes itself after performing the save could work.

RedRose190

Anna/Misty190
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I can't help with all of that, but I might be able to help with some. For changing how many profiles there are, there's a bit of code in the DataManager script that has
Code:
def self.savefile_max
    return 16
  end
Change that 16 to 1 and there you go.

For the autosave, it'll probably involve
Code:
DataManager.save_game(0)
. That'll save the file without bringing up the save screen. I don't know if you really only want one save file or if you thought that you can't have autosave with multiple profiles, but if it's the latter...
Code:
DataManager.save_game(DataManager.last_savefile_index)
This has always worked for me. Not sure how you'd want to go about doing that automatically on a specific map, but I feel like a Parallel Process event that deletes itself after performing the save could work.
THANK YOU!
I was also looking for this!!

So does anyone know the auto load script please???

Last edited:

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
3. if the player close the game and open it to continue, instead of the load file screen it automatically load the auto saved file.
Do you want the function to load the save file when starting the game (run the game.exe) or go to the title screen and when selecting continue, load the game?

RedRose190

Anna/Misty190
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Do you want the function to load the save file when starting the game (run the game.exe) or go to the title screen and when selecting continue, load the game?
sorry to "interrupt" but
I believe she wanted the first one you said (to open the game and automatically to continue to the part she saved and not to select the save file)

btw do you know any auto load script? (without open the load file window, to load the most recent load file)

Last edited:

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
do you know any auto load script?
There are some quick save/load scripts to varying functions. But for this I can make one, but need to know exactly how it is to be processed. Am I interrupting the scene title or am I interrupting continue option?
For auto save there is
Doctor Todd AutoSave
Vlue Autosave
Zero_G auto save on button press
Cryanos Quick save on button press

For quick save load there is
Adiktuzmiko quick save load
TheoAllen quick save load

For specific auto load or quick load I don't have anything.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to RGSS3 Script Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

RPG Maker MZ just crashed, please tell me I didn't just lose 4 hours of progress.
>be me with a separate game for testing
>NPC doesn't stay in new position after leaving the map
>looking for tutorials, nothing useful
>checks plugin of save even location and installs it
>testing the game

"Oh... IT'S WORKING, IT'S ACTUALLY WORKING!!"
My current peak of boss design.
energy drinks have made this week SUPER productive so far lol. I finished one of my overworld maps, along with 2 other maps and a way to traverse to said overworld map.
i am absolutely DRAGGING MYSELF RIGHT NOW, i bought a commission ($35) back in october, got the art back, it was great, only to NOW realize i never DOWNLOADED it to my computer, and the site i used auto-deletes uploads after 3 months. Now i'm panicking cuz she closed all her commissions on that site & deleted her IG and Facebook, luckily I found her g-mail but who knows if she'll respond :kaocry: pray for me ya'll

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewStaff