BaronVampson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just to save time instead of Copy pasted the same image repeatedly 54~ times. Literally just as simple as 1 frame, 1 motion sprite sheet or whathaveyou, so just a static image in place of the animated sprites. If the premise is so simple why does it seem so difficult to implement? VE battler graphics slows the entire game down so it is not feasible in this instance.

If there is none currently available then someone please just tell me how to do it and I will just try to do it myself.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Victor engine has one.

BaronVampson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know, but it raises the memory usage of the program to the point where it crashes as it reaches 3GB~ and freezes on idle whilst in battle. It's also incompatible with a lot of yanfly's plugins which I am required to use.

Weremole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Use front view and MOGs Battle Hud to do full body portraits maybe?

LadyBaskerville

Hell-poodle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wrote a tiny Javascript snippet for that before, but it hasn't been extensively tested. Just copy this code into a new js file and add it as a plugin (filename doesn't matter):
Code:
Sprite_Actor.prototype.updateFrame = function() {
    Sprite_Battler.prototype.updateFrame.call(this);
    var bitmap = this._mainSprite.bitmap;
    if (bitmap) {
        this._mainSprite.setFrame(0, 0, bitmap.width, bitmap.height);
    }
};
Let me know if you encounter any problems with it, just be warned that I might take a while to respond.

BaronVampson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry Lady I've only just seen your post, I don't know why I didn't notice till now. I'll have to try this some point, although I'm kinda brainstorming ideas at the moment, I still don't need the full 50 or so sprites, more like 4 different motions with 1 sprite each. Not sure the best way to go about this but at the moment I've just been cheesing the system by C+ P, but it's extremely time consuming as you might've guessed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The second draft of my script is almost done, and I don't think I'm going to write a third draft. I'll make changes to dialogue here and there, but I'm happy with the series of events the way they are.
How you feel about font and dialogue box changing for every main character while the minor cast and regular npc get their own styles? Too much?
Just found an obviously custom effect (i.e. edited by me) in my resources>sounds folder called "rip jaw off". Dear Lord what is wrong with me as a person that at some point I needed a sound *specifically* for THAT??
(...rhetorical question.)
so like with the whole 'familiarity breeds contempt thingy', how are you supposed to tell if your title screen/battle music gets really tedious after a few dozen plays or if you're just personally hella sick of it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heis