Not open for further replies.

Coleton707

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As the title states, I need help. I'm not good for anything game related, but the writing. But i've been writing for personal enjoyment for years, and have a knack for it. I need an Artist, and a Composer. Will write for your projects in return. The RPG Maker Engine we'll be using is MV, and along with some plugins things should work out just fine. So here's my idea. "Dungeon Masters!? Online" is an MMORPG set in a world reminiscent of old school JRPGs with a twist, there's no magic. Instead, in it's place is a combat system that emphasizes Martial Arts, Weapon Handling, Survival, and working together with friends and sometimes even your enemies. The goal of the game is to clear all of the dungeons and become a Dungeon Master. Each dungeon includes a variety of content unique to that dungeon. Meaning each floor of the Dungeon and subsequently every item and enemy and everything else in it, is only in that dungeon. The Overworld includes but is not limited to varying people and shops and even random npcs. There is a whole lot more but this would be a very long post if I included everything. Think about 2000 words so a little over six pages in Word, or something.

We can discuss everything here, if you're interested, also if anyone beyond the two people I need wants to join, there are a lot of other things like Mapping, and Voice Overs, and even pitching your own ideas for quests and npcs, but I mainly need an Artist, and a Composer,

The Artist will be expected to derive creative vision from my written ideas. Meaning that he or she will be the main person behind most if not all of how the game looks. As well as direct me to how I should map the world and the dungeons and such based on his or her creative vision.

The Composer's responsibilities remain as the obvious producer of the sound track, and all of the sounds in the game. His or her responsibilities would be to seek out creative vision from the Art and from the Writing provided to him or her in order to create the sounds and the score for the game will be up to him or her.

Also, we would be a team. I know that sometimes life gets in the way, or sometimes things happen that make you want to stop. I need a serious team, that we can work out against long delays at least until the base game is finished and we can make the first update.

The Multiplayer will be run using a plugin like Alpha NET, or creating a plugin from scratch.

Any further writing and response can be done here in the replies. That is all.

Coleton707

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We have our Main Composer! Thanks to @ZProtect for volunteering! Now we need an Artist. The Artist will deal with all the Art Assets and Mapping for the Game. It is no understatement to say that the Art will be under the complete control of the Lead Artist. As long as he or she can follow and interpret ideas for art from written concepts, anyone will be welcomed!

Coleton707

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We now officially have an artist. Development will begin soon.

Coleton707

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, we've moved engines to Unity for a much easier time developing the networking needed to create and sustain an MMO. Since we are no longer working in RPG Maker MV, i'm afraid to say that we will no longer be posting updates in this thread.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

Closing this, as we can't offer support for other engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I feel like it's about time I share all the result of my experiment project here. But there's a lot of it.
Me and brother have an ongoing rivalry. We constantly fight for the High Score in Galaga on our arcade cabinet. Today I take back the top with 239,000. He'll be back. (No-Fire glitch is banned)
Made Custom ENEMY Information Screen
I'm having such a hard time thinking of an interesting battle system. and not being a coder, certain things I wanna do seem a lot harder lol.
Created a character outline with some code. I have no use for this. I'm....bored.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmbor