MelodyofE

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello everyone!

Me and a friend are creating a game that will have a focus on using the right elements on the right enemies. The party will be larger than 4 with each character focusing on a single element and the player can change their characters out mid battle to bring in a more favorable element. I'm trying to find a way to implement the in battle swapping.

I know some people might suggest Yanfly's Party System, which as it turns out, is perfect. It does exactly what I would like to accomplish. The problem is, it's locked behind a paywall and though it may not be much, I can't spend money on it right now. So I'm looking for other options.

It could be someone else's plug-in, or a combination of plug-ins. If someone could give me some instruction on how to accomplish it with events and script calls, that would be good too. I have done a lot of searching online with a variety of search terms and I can't seem to find anything other than Yanfly's Party System.

I just need some way to accomplish this. Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
trust me the pay wall to just buy the full yanfly collection once is well worth it.
his plugins can do just about everything

Celestrium

Adventurer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Master Yanfly is of course a great solution and would work, but for alternates maybe Mr. Trivel's (free). I also know that Himeworks had something free that did something similiar (Party Manager), I would check both those out.
If not, have you tried looking at the Master MV Plug-In List? That would be my next step.

MelodyofE

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Tiamat-86 I don't doubt it. Part of me is annoyed that these things were free at one point, but locked behind a paywall after I finally was able to pick the game up. On that note, I can't really spend more money on it right now, so it's not an option for the time being. But thanks for the response!

@Celestrium Himeworks Party Manager doesn't work in combat, I don't think... At least I remember looking at it and not seeing any in combat options unless I missed it. Mr. Trivel though... I think I stumbled upon it once before but thought it didn't work for some reason... Do you know if it can be used in combat. The page for it doesn't say one way or the other or list any commands. Hmm, I guess I can fiddle around with it and see.

I did check MakerDevs.com and didn't find anything on there that was designed to work in combat. But maybe some of them could have. It's a long list and I was searching for keywords. I could give it another look. Maybe there is something I missed. Thanks for the suggestion!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Evil7 added!

I did a bit of a remake on one of the maps, also I made a particle for jumping into the portal, and one for traveling through the portal. I'll probably add more sparkles later to embellish it. :LZSwink:
Polished the animation and added details :kaojoy:
Ami
What do you think about the Wood Bridge inside of Volcano?
Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdramose