FREE Looking for a writer for a small, first-time project

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by Merle, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Merle

Merle Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Edit: The position of writer is filled! Thanks to everyone who replied and/or messaged me.

Hey there~ :kaohi:This will be my first project. I fiddled around with RPG Maker VX Ace and MV quite a bit & feel like I'm ready for my first project.

Engine:
    RPG Maker VX Ace

Synopsis: I’m having trouble coming up with a story for a short game. Sure, I can think of some general ideas, but I tend to draw a blank when it comes to more than just a general idea and a few scenes. I need someone to bounce ideas back and forth with and work together with as a team for a short game with only a few characters, maybe 1 hour worth of gameplay.

The genres I am interested in are: Slice-of-Life (cute & fluffy stuff) or Horror, Mystery (I loved the clash of cute and creepy in Wadanohara – though, I don’t want to make something gory. I prefer subtle, psychological horror). Fantasy elements & use of symbolism is nice, too.

About gameplay features: I’d like this to be focused on story with decision-making & different endings. Maybe a few puzzles or riddles here and there?

Positions/Roles Needed:

- Writer (Ideally a writer who is familiar with RPG Maker VX Ace. I am planning on doing the programming myself, but I might end up needing help in the long-run)

- Maybe someone who will provide background music, but since I don’t know about the story yet I will be looking for someone to fill that position later on

My Role(s)/Position(s):

- Art (CG, pixel art, GUI, character design, etc. – basically all the visuals), eventing

You can take a look at my art blog to get an idea of my style: https://merlesullivan.tumblr.com/

In case I decide to sell the game (which is highly unlikely, though) I will divide the profit evenly. Just saying this, so you are aware of it beforehand.

I want this to be a team effort! :kaopride:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  2. Blackyu

Blackyu Professional Procrastinator and proud to be ! Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Oh wow, has nobody replied to this thread yet ?
    Anyway, if you're still looking for a writer & ideas guy, I think I can help. I've been doing stuff on the VX Ace Engine for more than 2 years now, and I'm getting better and better at writing game stories and actually believable reasons for plot holes or story corners. I'm also excellent at adding more and more information about the world's lore, even when people think it's impossible. e.e
    I can't make music, but I'm at least good at finding royalty free music on the web from uncommon websites.
    I'd say my only weakness in game-making (apart from 100% original music made for the game) would be art, a position oh-so-conveniently filled. =D
    If you're interested and I'm not too late, you can always PM me here, I also have Skype and Discord accounts, and I'm available very often due to my complete lack of any "active" life whatsoever. =D

3. Enigma_Productions

Enigma_Productions Deity Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I wouldn't mind helping you work on your game after the IGMC. There's just not enough time for me to do anything anymore. :kaoeh:

It's weird hearing you describe a game genre that sounds exactly like one I will be creating for this project lol.

4. Merle

Merle Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thanks for your replies, Blackyu & Enigma_Productions! :kaojoy: *send messages*

5. Lambosannn

Lambosannn Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Heyo I'm also here to do some hardcore writing as well as long as it's something fun I can
    usually, swing with it. I'm a writer by heart not the best but I'm also working on my own project so
    any experience I can gain from helping with your's will only make me better at what I do. So
    if you still need help just say the word!

6. Eliel Micmás

Eliel Micmás The Drawing One Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Do you still need a writer for your project? If you do, I'd like to offer my services xD

I've been writing for a few years (mostly short stories and poetry, although I have a big novel project in the making), and while I'm not one of the best, I believe I'd be more than able to help you out.

7. Merle

Merle Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I'm sorry for vanishing for so long. I forgot to check back at the forum.

The position of writer is filled. I will be answering the remaining messages today. I'm really sorry to everyone who had to wait for such a long time to get a reply... :kaodes:

I will post an update on the progress sometime in the future. I guess it will take quite some time though. Once we've got something to show (maybe a demo) we will post about it in here.

pandadodod likes this.