Looking for Actiong/Active Battle System (Commercial friendly)

Discussion in 'RGSS Script Requests' started by Tugasmo, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Tugasmo

Tugasmo Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Hello.

I am looking for an ABS (Action/Active Battle System) for my Project.
    The idea I have is a Zelda-like battle system. Ofc, it doesn't have to be identical. Something similar to it, is good enough.

This script should be free for commercial and free for me to edit as I want.
    I'll credit the script maker.

I have been looking around google... Found a couple, but barely any info and I am not sure if the person that shared a link is the real author or if it has any malware in it (I ended up downloading a .rar file from a fileshare link through google search and from the looks of it, it was a virus as it kept spamming my windows security prompt after being countless of times declined.)
    Not to mention that some were posts from 2010 or older so no idea if they are compatible/working and one that I found and is mentioned a lot and apparently kept being updated is Blizz-ABS, which is noncommercial.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  2. KK20

KK20 Just some XP Scripter Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    If you message Blizzard, he can give you permission to use Blizz-ABS in a commercial project. Though, do keep in mind Blizz-ABS hasn't been updated in years and has some bugs. You'll need to spend some time researching the Chaos Project forums for fixes/add-ons. While I won't add new features to the engine, I can help with general compatibility or bug issues you encounter, but please post those on the CP forums.

3. TheoAllen

TheoAllen Self-proclaimed jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I heard XAS for XP is free for commercial.

4. Tugasmo

Tugasmo Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    I thought it was being updated since the last edit was around 2018. Sure will thank you. Also, how can I contact him?

I do remember reading about that one but from what I read it isn't compatible with a lot of scripts, isn't as good as (edit)Blizz-ABS and has a bad translation? This was just stuff I read around the internet ofc it could have been posts made from 10 years ago... Will take a look, see if I can find the official website/author for information. Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  5. TheoAllen

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    The "Sample Game", Memories of Mana 1 & 2 from Mog theirself is one of my favorite RM games ever. So it really has potential. However, I can not guarantee for both translation and compatibility. Speaking of compatibility, XP already has worst RGSS structure ever, so having incompatibility among various scripts is expected anyway, not just from mog's script.

6. Tugasmo

Tugasmo Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    I understand. Do you use the samples to make your games? Are they ABS?

7. TheoAllen

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    No, I don't use XP, so I don't do ABS. I don't even ABS in Ace as well. And yes, their game is ABS.

8. KK20

KK20 Just some XP Scripter Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Send an email to him (blizzard@chaos-project.com). He also has a profile here: @bblizzard

bblizzard likes this.
  9. DerVVulfman

DerVVulfman Resident Werewolf Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Then again, mine is commercial free.
    The Lycan ABS

It might have things you may enjoy. Two demos to play with, though none showcase the pyrotechnics of chained landmines.... yet. That may be demo three when I get to it.

10. bblizzard

bblizzard Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Croatian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, I put a general non-commercial license so that people need to ask for permission. That way I can keep track of who uses it commercially and I can easily identify people if people are claiming they made the ABS themselves (which is obviously a big no-no). xD

11. Tugasmo

Tugasmo Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Thank you so much for the answers everyone! I'll take a good look at everything mentioned here and decide what's best for my game.