Looking for advice on a specific front-facing battle style!

CopperGenie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi again!! :kaohi:

So I have browsed the master plugin list for MZ and I didn't see anything that can do what I want, so I'm trying to see if I can do it myself. Here is the plan:
- Front-facing battle with enemies on the far side and characters on the near side (facing forward)
- No portraits/faces! Only the battlers

Here is what I want to get close to:
1602989691642.png

And here is what I have:
(will clean the models up later haha) (only two arrows because I only plan to have two party members at one time)
1602989756942.png

What I have done so far is replace the generic side-facing battlers with forward-facing battlers. I figured that since SV already has battlers (and FV doesn't), it will be easier to modify SV to get what I want. So the things I need to change are to (1) move the battlers' positions on the screen, (2) eliminate the slidey animation when attacking and selecting battlers (I don't care to have any battler movement; I'll add my own animations later), (3) remove the portraits and gray rectangle(s), and (4) possibly lower the positions of the status bars on the screen.

I'm sorry if that's badly formatted haha.

So I wanted to know, from someone who can navigate the js better than me, what could I modify/add to make the changes I want?
Or, is there already a plugin for this? I tried VisuStella Battle Core and it only changes the portraits for FV, it can't add battlers.

If anyone wants to help and needs more info, just let me know! I appreciate it!

Dororo

Gespenst MKII pilot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, practically, Final Fantasy Legend.
The plugin you must use is Akea Battle System 2.

Check the second spoiler tag and see this can does exactly what you asked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Those kittens I met the other day all found loving homes. I might miss playing with them, but I'm glad they found owners to care for them. In the meantime, my Orlando trip is likely to happen on the 29th. While I wait for that, I'll be working on Angel of Justice...
I really need to work on my time management skills... I have one plot-based roleplay here, another plot-based roleplay there, I have the fangame to work on, I'm trying to get into Runescape again....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thedan95