Looking for Aid/Advice

Aquin25

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So... I was hoping to implement a relationship system into my game, similar to the SL system in the persona games.

Most of it has been handled just fine via the event system and variables, but I was hoping for a way to display the current level in the relationship between the MC and the party members in question.
The easy way to do this would be to have a menu showcasing the current amount of the variable. But how exactly would I implement that? (And also have said menu add in the characters as they're brought into the party, instead of spoiling things at the beginning.

Sparky89

Is proberly eating one of evmaster's Brownie's.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure on the script you can use but i know a first step ! that would be http://sumrndm.site/hud-maker/
Here you can make a HUD display you can make anything even picture's for your characters in HUD's
he also does menu stuff - but i wouldn't know the Java formula for getting the info extracted to be showing the say HUD bar relationship levels although possible through this Sumrndm plugin! i'm sure some on on here may know that formular.

zeroscares

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
português
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Not sure on the script you can use but i know a first step ! that would be http://sumrndm.site/hud-maker/
Here you can make a HUD display you can make anything even picture's for your characters in HUD's
he also does menu stuff - but i wouldn't know the Java formula for getting the info extracted to be showing the say HUD bar relationship levels although possible through this Sumrndm plugin! i'm sure some on on here may know that formular.
sparky89: this is for ace, not MV

aquin25, how are you determining what variables are associated with each party member? can you show how you're event-programming this, and can you show how you want this menu to look like?

Aquin25

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well... here's a base example of how the system is built.

(At the end of each branch will be a command to turn the trigger ON, as well as a command to increase the variable by 1, forcing the player to wait until after the next dungeon to continue with the relationship)

What I'm looking for is a way to display to the player what level their relationships are at for each party member. (And have said display show up when said party member joins the party, not before)
Easiest way I can think to do that would be to just have a way to display this variable to the player.

Last edited:

Binder28

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you are using "face pictures" on the dialogue just draw a heart/bar on the picture...(harvest moon style)...and put the picutre with the corresponding "heart" level in the corresponding dialogue of that lvl...it will be a lot of work to put the "heart level" on every picture you need to use...but it's just a matter of ctr+c and ctr+v...and there you go....

zeroscares

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
português
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
that face message system doesn't make for a good system menu if you want to see them all at once

Aquin25, I can code this for you if you show me an image of how you want your menu to look like

Aquin25

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks.

The menu should be classic if I'm being honest. (Using a few Yanfly scripts in the game)
All i need is one menu in the ESC menu that is marked as (Relationship Level)
Within should be a pic of the party member, next to their name, right above a 0-5 scale. (0 being no relationship, 5 being max)
The meter goes up every time the party member variable goes up. (Also... just to avoid who will be joining the party, the screen should only display the party member after they join the party)

zeroscares

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
português
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
ok well, because u don't wanna give me an image of how it should look like, i'll just improvise with how it looks. (last chance to show me how it should look)

i'll reply again if i come up with a script

Last edited:

Aquin25

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks... but I really don't have an image. I just want it to be more consistent with the VX ace base menu design, As that's what I've been using.
Thanks for your help. It's really appreciated.

zeroscares

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
português
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
foto1.png
foto2.png

Last edited:

Aquin25

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the help.

Forgive my ignorance though... but how do I attach the proper variables?

Based on the instructions, I placed the following on Iblis's Note Page (<socialvariable:Iblis S Link>) And it gave me the following Error

Script 'Social Link Script' line 78: NameError occured

Uninitialized constant RPG::Actor::Link

How would I go about fixing this? Sorry to be a bother.

I also tried adding a space between the variable name and the : and the result was the same.

Upon further testing... replaceing the spaces in the variable name with - changed the error code slightly to

Script 'Social Link Script' line 78: NameError occured

Uninitialized constant RPG::Actor::Iblis

(Iblis is the party member's name for the record)

Just informing you in case this is relevant.

zeroscares

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
português
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
the NUMBER of the variable, not the name hahahaha
Write: <socialvariable:4> if Iblis S Link = Game variable #4

Edited the script to add this clarification

Last edited:

Aquin25

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Awesome! That fixed it right up

Thank you SO much. You've been a really big help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

grief... lol... I keep seeing request for MZ versions of MV plugins. this is why I haven't moved over and just MZ for my MV project.
Egg-sitting minigame is coming along nicely. Are you a bad enough dino to keep all these raptor eggs warm?

I forgot to post the animated version of the previous map I was working on. I'm still arguing with myself on if I like the stark blue ground better than the undergrowth ground used on the waterfall map. Hmm...
now that fmod is free for indie(<200k revenue), it would be interesting to see someone add fmod support for rpg maker
Can't say I can't promise progress on a project just yet. But I can say I had fun databasing tonight. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thortank