Ouro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! I'm looking for a skill animation that just shows an eye opening and closing. If anyone knows a pre-existing animation that might fit the bill or is willing to make one, it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks.

ovate

tale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Ouro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you!

spillycup

resident cutiepie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i was thinking of giving this a shot.. i do love drawing and animating eyes!!

what kind of skill would the animation be used for? do you have any reference images for your game's style (is it pixel, rtp, etc)

Ouro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i was thinking of giving this a shot.. i do love drawing and animating eyes!!

what kind of skill would the animation be used for? do you have any reference images for your game's style (is it pixel, rtp, etc)
Sure thing and thank you! The skill in question is a 'learn' style skill, one that the protagonist uses to scan enemies and also to learn their moves, blue mage style. Ideally it'd have an eye opening up behind the user's head.
The game's style is mostly RTP currently, yeah. It's in my signature if you want examples.

spillycup

resident cutiepie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
behind the user's head.... i'm not entirely sure how that's possible? should i leave a cutout in the middle of the eye for the user's head to fit in? or do you have a plugin that makes placing animation cels behind targets possible?

Ouro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
behind the user's head.... i'm not entirely sure how that's possible? should i leave a cutout in the middle of the eye for the user's head to fit in? or do you have a plugin that makes placing animation cels behind targets possible?
Oh, when I said 'behind' I meant behind them in the side-view battle screen, not 'behind their sprite'. Sorry for the confusion. Either way, that's a placing issue for me to settle, it's not your problem.

spillycup

resident cutiepie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
here's what i came up with! the anti-aliasing might not be my best work but i think it wouldn't be too noticeable if there was more going on in the screen.

eyemagic(1).gifeyemagic(2).gif

(the images are below here they're just super hard to see... right click to save them i guess idk)
eyemagic(1).pngeyemagic(2).png

Ouro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks so much!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Can't wait for next update! :)
I really want to get a cat... but our puppy is still... well... a puppy and would eat and bark at a cat if we got one... *sighs* I guess I'll wait a couple of years~
unintentionally made a track that sounds straight out of Yume Nikki
Revisiting one of my older projects in a long time to work some more on the mechanics. I've been working on- and off-again for about a year now on recreating the Force and Mystic systems from Wild ARMs. And I think I've finally made some good breakthroughs on that!

Still, it is not perfect and I may post my thoughts at a later time to see if there are any other suggestions or alternatives I've missed.
actor name string, why you gotta be case sensitive like that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kentaro_80