TheGentlemanLoser

"And when we fall, we will fall together..."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey so I'm looking for a specific old RPG Maker game. It's called "Eldritch", it was on GW around 2006-2007ish but it never got uploaded to RMN so I'm hoping a copy of it is sitting around on somebody's hard drive. In case it jogs anyone's memory it was a Lovecraftian-horror type deal set in England in I think the 1960s or 1970s with a sanity system and a heavily customized DBS with guns and reloading, and the latest version of it I remember playing (an unfinished demo) had custom sprites and battle sprites by Ocean's Dream. The game was about two mercenaries named I think Marlowe and Chambers trying to steal an arcane grimoire from a collector in a spooky British neighborhood called Crouch End and running into standard Lovecraftian horror stuff.

I know it's a long shot as it's both VERY old and even somewhat obscure but I figured it can't hurt to ask as some people around the community have pretty amazing collections of old RM games.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I found on "rpgmaker.net" this game that was probably the basis for Eldritch, but nobody could find the Download to put in the thread about searching for old games:

There's only one map and you can't interact with any NPC.

Last edited:

TheGentlemanLoser

"And when we fall, we will fall together..."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Damn, that is definitely the game or at least the main town map from the game. I am positive that at one point a demo of Eldritch with actual game play and battles and such was released, I think it might even have had a Misao nomination that year it came out, I'm not sure.

(That very pretty parallax map comes from a Release Something/event/jam game that was called either "Haze Daze & Curiousness" or possibly "Magical Caturday" made by someone caleld HDC, used with permission. There was a very impressive portfolio of maps and/or areas done in a wide variety of artistic styles and rendering techniques, super impressive stuff for rm2k3.)

Thanks for looking on that other site!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So got my hearing tested to see if it was the cause of my mishearing what people say. Test showed no problems but talked with the doctor about anxiety and ADHD causing hearing issues and she agreed and also added that some people hear things differently. With my anxiety cause I am in fight or flight I pay attention to all the sounds in the area so body knows when react. Can't pay attention to one source.
Welp, people are trying to quit my team because I can't code. Where's the dancing blob emoji when I need it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhero