Looking for animal pictures for both icon set and character graphic.

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by Tanarex, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Tanarex

Tanarex Scrub Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Resource Type: (Characters Graphic, Icons.)

Maker Format: (VX Ace)

Art Style: (Ace RTP)

Description: I need icons and character graphics for a puzzle in my game. The original spriter I had planned to make them has vanished on me. I tried making them myself but they look terrible. So I'm hoping someone can help me out. I've added what I am going for below. I need 20 different ones.

Attached Files:

2. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    This isn't project recruitment you know. We could help you find that many things, maybe, but it's too many things to ask someone to draw from scratch for you. Could you be more clear about what exactly you need? Which animals do you need sprites for? When you say character graphics, do you mean face sets or just the sprites? What do you need with the icons, just the animal in a 24x24 size or broken down into crafting parts or something? I'm afraid the picture is too small to understand. It looks like a frame with some blurry text and maybe a chicken facing forward. Did you accidentally upload a thumbnail?

3. Tanarex

Tanarex Scrub Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I didn't want them drawn from scratch. Just need someone to put some character graphic (sprites) into some picture frames. Like the character graphic of a chicken I posted. The animals I need are a frog, snake, tiger, bear, elephant, eagle, monkey, warthog, beaver, rhino, fish, cow, chicken, chameleon, possum, squirrel, spider, caterpillar, and a bee. This is for a puzzle. The animal and insect pictures (character graphics) will be on the wall and will need to be taken down (Which turns them into an item with an icon.) and rearranged to solve the puzzle. A full sized pic of the chicken wouldn't look any better.

4. Sharm

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Soooo, like this?

chicken.png
    Example only. Please DO NOT USE.

5. Tanarex

Tanarex Scrub Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Yeah, like that. With the name of the creature below it. Just in case some people couldn't tell what it is. That way people wouldn't have to take it down to look at the description to see what it is. Which would say "It is a picture of a chicken." Maybe the sprites could be a little bigger so the name can be read. I can prolly change the creature if it's not available or the name won't fit. Like caterpillar.

6. Sharm

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    There's no room for a name in the icon version, adding one would just mean less room for the thing it represents, making both text and object illegible. For the version on the wall, that could be done if size isn't a restriction. Awkward, but doable.

Well, I'm not really interested in this one, too many things to put frames on, too many things I don't know where to find. It would be boring and too much time spent away from my own project, but maybe I can help with some animals.

Whitedragon is your best bet for a bunch of them, but I can't remember if they're MV only or not. The RTPs of past RMs would also be good for small versions of some animals. If you look up animals and LPC at open game art there are a bunch of animals there too. There's a bunch on your list that I've never seen anyone make before, though, and finding them small enough to be icon sized is probably impossible, and getting them all in the same style as the bigger one definitely is, which is why my first response to seeing the request was to think that this belonged in Recruitment. Most of what you're wanting will need to be made from scratch.

If you'd like to use my example in a project recruitment post, you can.

7. Tanarex

Tanarex Scrub Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I had an idea that the icons can be skipped altogether. The player could find a book with the answers inside. And they'd have to match the answers with the animal painting on the wall using a letter combination lock. Inputting the wrong word would trigger random animals or insects to attack the player.
    I found all the animals I need. Replaced the one I couldn't find. Hopefully, I can use them for a commercial project. Some of it was unclear. But I DL the graphics to my game. Now it's Bat, Bear, Bee, Butterfly, cat, chicken, cow, dog, Fish, Fox, Frog, monkey, owl, Pigeon, rabbit, rat, rooster, snake, spider and squirrel. Wrote down the creator's names.
    Whtdragon's are MV only. I think I have all the past RMs. Didn't see anything useful in LPC at open game art.
    I just *bump* my project recruitment. Asking for basically everything. Including sprites. Got 1 reply. She lasted about a month. So I doubt that would help.