FREE Looking for artist(s) for "Through the Veil of Sorrow"

LordOfPotatos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I'm working on the first of a series of RPGs, this one is a relatively short story centered game.
It is also rather dark and explores sensitive themes (nothing rated M, though some blood is to be expected), so be aware it you're interested.

to be more specific while avoiding spoilers...
Lloyd, a blade for hire, is starting to feel the effects of severe loneliness after a year of doing almost nothing but solo monster/people hunting.
Until one night he gets pulled into the Oniric, the plane where dreams and reality are mixed, by someone that needs him to guide a certain person.
That person being Iume, a girl that seems to be trapped in a looping dream that has taken over a chunk of the city in the Oniric.
And her companion Leo, an older man also dragged into the Oniric and trying to help her learn why her dream continues to repeat itself and how to break out of it.
Along the way they'll try to decide who they truly are, try to help each other, and learn what is happening in the city of Grenze.
Crime and manipulation are involved, hope and healing might be too, and anything more would be spoilers.

-I need someone who can do character portraits, dialogue busts and the like. the basic character designs are mostly set in stone but the details are, naturally, still to be decided.
doing full CGs would be cool but not necessary. anime-ish is my preferred artstyle.

-I also need someone who can compose BGM. I'm currently learning (or at least trying) but it'd be a huge help.

-I'm currently doing writing, mapping, gameplay etc. I've been going solo for a while so I can handle most in-engine things.

-My skills mostly revolve around game design, so if for some reason you need help with systems, mapping, encounters, mechanics etc I'd be glad to trade if I can.

-I'm using RMMV

Like I said this is the first game, so if you're interested we could stay in touch for further projects too.

Here are some screenshots and details if you're interested:

A pic of Grenze, the remains of the city the game takes place in. The climate is best described as "nuclear winter".

screenshot_1.png

A pic of the Oniric, the other plane the game takes place in. Walking straight tends to lead you in circles.

screenshot_4.png

A pic of a battle with one of the MCs, also the ATB system.

screenshot_3.png

A pic of a different battle, with a different MC.

screenshot_2.png

So yeah.

StarCrunchRPG

Artist and Game Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can do character bust art for you, art is my strong-suit. Here's some pieces of art I've done. Granted, I do more anthro art. (I'm going to make an rpg with Anthros, so I"m working on my art detailing, but I do know basic anatomy)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-25 2.39.27 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-25 2.39.27 PM.png
    511.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot 2022-04-25 2.39.12 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-25 2.39.12 PM.png
    151.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot 2022-04-25 2.38.56 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-25 2.38.56 PM.png
    160 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot 2022-04-25 2.38.19 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-25 2.38.19 PM.png
    155.8 KB · Views: 16

LordOfPotatos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I can do character bust art for you, art is my strong-suit. Here's some pieces of art I've done. Granted, I do more anthro art. (I'm going to make an rpg with Anthros, so I"m working on my art detailing, but I do know basic anatomy)
those portraits are very good, but the high saturation cartoon artstyle really doesn't match the tone of this game in particular :/

faithenstein_

doom eternal cool anime tricks
Reaction score
First Language
RU, ENG
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
'sup. If you need something atmospheric for your BGM in the game, like for outdoors/indoors and cutscenes, I think I can help you with. Almost a year experimenting and making some loops, using synthesizers and messing up with different virtual instruments and I'd like to find a project to make some loops into full tracks, 'cause I'm bored ;d

You can check my examples of a music from SoundCloud, in case if you interested.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How many character’s in your game need character portraits and dialogue busts? Normally I only draw at night because of work in the morning so I don’t think I’d work as fast as you’d want. So I’m curious to know how many characters you’d need drawn in advance as I wouldn’t wish to waste your time.

Attachments

• 1EDB8A21-09D8-4EF6-90CB-1FE48C398D12.png
    1EDB8A21-09D8-4EF6-90CB-1FE48C398D12.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 14

LordOfPotatos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
'sup. If you need something atmospheric for your BGM in the game, like for outdoors/indoors and cutscenes, I think I can help you with. Almost a year experimenting and making some loops, using synthesizers and messing up with different virtual instruments and I'd like to find a project to make some loops into full tracks, 'cause I'm bored ;d
For sure!

I'd go for a mix of synth and instruments, maybe a harmonica for the city streets and a piano for the dreamy places.
If you have something else in mind feel free to play around too.

LordOfPotatos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
How many character’s in your game need character portraits and dialogue busts? Normally I only draw at night because of work in the morning so I don’t think I’d work as fast as you’d want. So I’m curious to know how many characters you’d need drawn in advance as I wouldn’t wish to waste your time.

Speed isn't a big deal, I can be a little erratic myself :p
As for the chracters, it's 3 main characters (with ~6 expressions), 2 secondary (with ~3), and maybe a couple NPCs (generic ones without eyes).

If you're up for it I'll start writing the basic designs for you.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That sounds great! Though I guess under one condition. I’d like to be credited in the game. If that’s cool with you then I can start right away.

Last edited:

faithenstein_

doom eternal cool anime tricks
Reaction score
First Language
RU, ENG
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
For sure!

I'd go for a mix of synth and instruments, maybe a harmonica for the city streets and a piano for the dreamy places.
If you have something else in mind feel free to play around too.
You know, I've been thinking here. I could also help you with engineering music for certain cutscenes to give it more dynamic and "touchy"

Do you have any Discord servers, so we could mess around with it easily?

LordOfPotatos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
You know, I've been thinking here. I could also help you with engineering music for certain cutscenes to give it more dynamic and "touchy"

Do you have any Discord servers, so we could mess around with it easily?
send me your discord tag and I'll add you so we can talk.

Musician22

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi!
If you are still looking for a composer/producer, you are welcome to listen to my YouTube channel. There are already some different styles available.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAZCgIODAGhYe0O_xRKPhnA
Of course, I can also make battle music, whether it's aggressive orchestral themes or something harder with the e-guitar - no problem!
Warm greetings

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Archery target and improved training dummy!
1656682912105.png
Map034.png
First try making a temple- looking thing.
Made this simple Training Dummy :D

obraz_2022-07-01_095700524.png
I'm still undecided weather or not I should add minor swearing to my game. Like I'm going for an all ages demographic... but the idea of a cartoon character saying dammit, hell, or crap in normal conversation is really funny to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpicySalami