Keroanne

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Who am I, and what do I need?

My name is Kero, and I'm needing some help with beta testing! I've been working on a short horror game for approximately a year, and although I'm pretty happy with where it is, I need help to ensure it's as good as it can be. All art, writing, music, and other sound design has been completed by me and my older brother via the RPGMaker MV program. All I need is to ensure that the game is playable and won't crash.

What is the gameplay?

This game is mainly a walking simulator with some visual novel elements, but there is an occasional mini game and fetch quest. There's a few random events as well, but the majority of the game is text based. The game will also reward you for exploring your environment, and will not lie to you about the dangers of some exploration if there is any. The mini game is a simple quick time event, which gets more difficult the further you go along within the story. However, my hope is that it will never be unfair.

What is the story?

Chi is a horror game that (poorly) facades as a cute story in which you play as a six year old girl who lives in a small village in Japan with her family and her small dog. Your father is the priest of the small shrine you live in, and you have to follow several important rules that he has set up to keep the village safe. These are the rules: you know what is best for the villagers, so they have to do whatever you and your family say, you cannot go upstairs, you must give blood every Sunday, and you cannot go into the forest.

This specific Sunday, you play as Chi as she goes on a quest with her puppy, Mitsuru, to get markers so that she can draw some pictures. You complete some minor favors, and get your blood drawn so you're able to get said markers. However, as you're walking home, the evening goes terribly wrong as Mitsuru runs into the forest. With this, in order to save your dog, you have no choice but to run in after her...

Run after her into a forest that no one returns from.

Since this is a horror game, what are some content warnings?

This game contains psychological horror, gore, and some torture. The majority of the torture will be done off screen. There will be absolutely no sexual content whatsoever, and no nudity. However, due to mature themes, it is recommended for those who are 16+. There will not be any traditional jump scares, but I can't promise you won't jump and some changes in atmosphere or content on the screen. There is also some cult content, especially in the beginning. If you are sensitive to any of the prior issues, I would recommend you NOT play this game.

Are there any screenshots?
mo2iqC.png
G4fXUN.png
ps4NDH.png
4KvOoY.png
WqJp6n.png

Is there a demo you can try before you agree to beta test?

Absolutely! The demo is available on Itch. Click here to play! Please note, however, that some elements of the demo are out of date and have been fixed already within the beta. So, if you have issues, please reserve your concerns until you play beta. You'll also need to create an Itch account in order to download both the demo and the actual game.

One last note, from me, the creator, to you, the player!

This game will normally be $5, but you'll receive a free copy. I hope with sincerity that you'll enjoy it, but I also would like it noted that this game is something I've been needing to express. Horror games, I feel, can express a lot of emotions and feelings you cannot normally. Thank you so much for reading this post, and regardless of your decision, I hope you have a great day.

pLite

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks interesting, I'd like to try it out. And of course I will provide lots of feedback.

Keroanne

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks interesting, I'd like to try it out. And of course I will provide lots of feedback.
Thank you so much, pLite! That would be super helpful! I'll send you a message.

KotoYama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unfortunately, don't have time for that right now, but I'll post here just to keep the thread visible. Cheers!

Keroanne

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unfortunately, don't have time for that right now, but I'll post here just to keep the thread visible. Cheers!
Thank you!! I appreciate that hardcore <3

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm finally back! :kaojoy:
A lot of RL issues happened this year which didn't let me work on Aithne as much, but I am back with new inspiration!
In that time my art style also changed a little, so I'll be doing a small art change with busts/menu art
Ops forgot to fix the hand on the weaponless sprite o_O
opening old GIMP files is a blessing and a curse because it can be fun to look at art you started once upon a time and want to finish BUT come to a total halt when you remember your past self forgot to create separate layers for most files
"The bigger the person, the longer the wait"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaTedinator