Looking for commission prices

Toonfreak

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I just bought RPG Maker MV. I AM able to create character walking sprites on my own through photoshop (Albit, they look AWFUL).
I don't have a lot of experience with Pixel artwork, or animation in general. It also seems incredibly difficult to find customized battle-sheets (not just walking) for particular types of animals, monsters, OC characters, and fan-made sprites based on existing characters.
My question is this: How much do you charge for customizable walking/ battle pose sheets? Does anyone on here dabble in fan game sprites, or even just animals and quadruped battle sprites?
I'm new to this community, and am SUPER excited to make my own games!

Another quick question- what is the best software to use for character creation that minimizes animation toggling? (so that the character isn't moving around the pixel square during walk cycles).

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'll approve this thread but I'm moving it over to General Game Dev Discussion. Note that Resource Requests is only for requesting small jobs as a Free Service (or as a Service Trade).

This thread can still be used to discuss how to find good resource-makers, what general prices will be like for animated sprites, etc., but you cannot use it to solicit paid help with your game.

We do have a Commissions section (for paid work and larger jobs) that you will automatically gain access to once you have made a few dozen good posts here. To be honest, Commissions is a really good section for what you seem to be looking for!

Bandito

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
I use Krita for my pixel creation. It also has an animation feature where you can create animation based on your sprites.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just to throw a suggestion out there - take some time to do MV tutorials and make some sample games to learn how the engine works before you spend more money on it.

Actually creating a good and fun game involves a lot more work and many different challenges than just the artwork. You should make sure you can handle all of those before tossing money at a project you're just starting on software you're just learning.

Good luck!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Thanks, google for putting together a random pixel art Olympics game in your logo that puts everything I've ever done to shame in pretty much every aspect. ;)
Chizuru
chizuru.png

anyway, i just recovered from Covid.
Work's been delayed for a month but now i'm back drawing again.
Ah yes i learned how to make name boxes Im now profeshonal
The snowy mountains in my game are finally done... what a crazy journey.
I participated in the official video event collection!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ohzaru