RMVXA Looking for feedback on my idea for a Sci-fi RPG.

Caleb Rosa

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello there. I am designing a Sci-fi rpg that I call Planet Lost. I have just started working on a build, so I apologize if I don't have enough work to show for it. I am using the engine RPG Maker VX ACE.

Planet Lost is an RPG Maker, Sci-fi Spacefaring RPG. It takes heavy inspiration from the Mother series, specifically a small Earthbound fangame called Mother Cognitive Dissonance. In Planet Lost, you play as the crew of the ship Starrunner. When they lose connection to earth, panic ensues, and they end up crash landing into an entire alien solar system! Can they survive this new world, work with the inhabitants, and make it back to Earth?

The playable characters consist of only the Starrunner crew. You start out with every single playable character unlocked, but you can’t keep it that way. People and belongings will be lost.

We have 7 main planets in the world. Kiliaro, a mining colony on a mineral rich planet. Antric, a snowy planet with various mysterious lifeforms. Tokyun, a giant space station and hub world of the solar system. Caspan, a lively and deep ocean planet. Gobit, a culturally rich desert planet. Congrow, a vast and untamed jungle planet. And Hele, the molten planet and accompanying research station.

For our Heroes, we have Vincent, the blue Commander, Kristina, the purple medic, Trevor the red Bodyguard, Scott the White Scientist, Desmond, the green 2nd-in-command, and James the grey Survivalist. There are 2 other party members, but they aren't planned to be included in the demo.

I plan to make the game free, with as little budget as I can. This is a passion project to get my name out there, and making money isn’t my number 1 priority with this game.

Visual References:
The 6 Shown Members of the Starrunner Crew
SpaceHeroes Demo.png
The 3 Planets shown in the demo
Planet Kiliaro
Planet Kiliaro (1).png
Planet Antric
Planet Antric (2).png
Planet Tokyun
Planet Tokyun.png
Lastly, if you are interested, I would really like help with concept art and pixel art. These are 2 things I struggle to do well.
Tell me what sounds good and doesn't with my game idea.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think it sounds interesting, as I really enjoy sci-fi, but keep in mind that games with large scopes will take a lot of time to make. I've been working on an open world game for months, and I'm nowhere near done with it. Mine is also just a passion project, with no money thrown in besides an RPG Maker resource pack or two.

Also, your screenshots don't show up.

Black Pagan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think at this point your Concept is simply a collection of Basic ideas. What you need to spice up your Story is : Add more Mystery, Purpose and Excitement to it.

I like the idea of being stranded on a Planet, But you say they travel through multiple planets ? I don't understand that part. Would't it make more sense simply to make all these other Planets "Biomes" on the same Planet ?

Also think of giving them fresh names for every single thing you mention in your Story, I have nothing against the names you mention but sounds too stereotypical to be honest. Also, Ask yourself what are the Unique Features you offer in you game ? Being stranded on the Planet isn't just enough of an Excitement. How about they discover an Alien Technology on the Planet that lets them equip it and derive their source of Power ? How about an Alien Scientific Weapon that helps them on this Journey ? Such things normally make the Player excited.

So i would say overall you have a nice theme going on, Just sprinkle a lot of Mystery, Excitement and Unique aspects to it and it would make a Great Concept !

Caleb Rosa

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think at this point your Concept is simply a collection of Basic ideas. What you need to spice up your Story is : Add more Mystery, Purpose and Excitement to it.

I like the idea of being stranded on a Planet, But you say they travel through multiple planets ? I don't understand that part. Would't it make more sense simply to make all these other Planets "Biomes" on the same Planet ?

Also think of giving them fresh names for every single thing you mention in your Story, I have nothing against the names you mention but sounds too stereotypical to be honest. Also, Ask yourself what are the Unique Features you offer in you game ? Being stranded on the Planet isn't just enough of an Excitement. How about they discover an Alien Technology on the Planet that lets them equip it and derive their source of Power ? How about an Alien Scientific Weapon that helps them on this Journey ? Such things normally make the Player excited.

So i would say overall you have a nice theme going on, Just sprinkle a lot of Mystery, Excitement and Unique aspects to it and it would make a Great Concept !
Thank you for your feedback. I do plan on making the story more than just "you are stranded on a planet and you need to make it back to earth." However, I do not want to publicly post the entire storyline as that would partially ruin the experience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i watched the sonic movie it was pretty good i hope they make a sequel
tomorrow I'ma go on a cruise for the first time ever... lets hope I'll survive the experience!
Omg! 8 years in this forum :o
Ksi
Streaming the last of the RMN Valentiny event games so feel free to drop on by and watch me cry (whether that's from laughter, rage or sheer pain, who knows?)
Today I went to sleep without setting an alarm, so I could sleep more than 2 hours. I woke up after 2 hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pluscho